Extreme Fear!!!

I am 23 years old and have an extreme fear of dying. This fear has caused me to become obsessive about my health and any little thing that doesn't seem right turns into an irrational diagnosis. I suffer from frequent crying spells and anxiety attacks associated with the fear of dying. I only ever feel safe if I am at the doctor's office or even seeking treatment in the ER (which always proves to be nothing wrong). My life has been completely taken over and turned upside down by this fear and I don't know how much longer I can handle living like this. Does anyone else experience this fear along with me? I never have anyone to talk to about this because no one understands what it is like to be that afraid of something. Am I crazy to be so afraid of dying?
You did not mention if you have any spirituality or faith at all.  My faith in my personal salvation through Jesus Christ has literally removed ALL fear of death, as I know with all my heart there is something far greater, more beautiful and all loving awaiting.  If only you had that.  And you could.  Any true Christ-follower knows that "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord".   "No mere man has ever seen, heard, or even imagined what wonderful things God has prepared for those who love Him." 1 Cor 2: 8-10.  
"For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."  John 6:40
"God has reserved a priceless inheritance for his children. It is kept in Heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay." 1 Peter 1:4.
The Bible is filled with promises that when we accept Jesus as our Savior, He is with us from that point on and will never abandon us, and our spirit will directly pass from our body to this glorious and indescribable place.  Ask Him into your heart, for forgiveness of your sins, join a Christ-centered church, and watch your fear of death fade away as your faith grows. It is not a promise from me, it is a promise from God!
We are born,we live and then we die.That's life.Death is peaceful,nothing to be afraid of.
Maybe you switch your fear to afraid you are going to die before u have some fun.  You are way too young to be soooooo cautious or scared.  Dance laugh about nothing. Exercise helps a person focus and redirect--- I suggest hiking or aerobics.  Meds may help.  You need to be evaluated.  Best wishes and you aren't alone I battle all the time with fears that aren't likely.  Hope ths helps u feel a bit better!
A few years ago I also thought dying was scary and it had to be tragic and horrible. But, I was wrong. I am not afraid anmore cuz I am sure that I live the way I want to. My 'plan' for lack of a better word is to talk every day as it comes. Getting some meds to calm you down wouldnt be a bad idea. I take meds to calm my stomach and even that little bit chills me out.

You are reading content posted in the Phobias Community

Find out what can trigger a panic attack – and what to do if you have one.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Take control of tension today.
These simple pick-me-ups squash stress.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?