Rabies misunderstanding?

Hello all. For the last couple of months I've been having some very bad rabies anxiety. It seems like everywhere I go I've been having panic attacks thinking everything I grab has infected saliva on it. Such as pumping gas, door knobs etc. I know it sounds crazy but please understand this is ruining my quality of life aswell as my relationship. Another example is if someone comes into my house I fear that their shoes tracked in some Infected saliva or other material that could be infected and will be transmitted to me. Any information/suggestions on how to cope or explain better will be greatly appreciated!
Even if there is a disease present, it doesn't burrow into your skin so you don't have the risks that you are imagining.