Physical Therapy Forum

Physical therapy for my Dad

My dad came out of his coma after stroke with bilateral infarctions and we found he cannot move his limbs, talk or eat. only opens his eyes...i try to give him physio 2 times a day with moving hands and legs from joints and then he started to move his right leg, very tiny minute movements in hands and with head.

I was wondering is there anything i can do to make therapy intense and he learns to move again?
I will start making him sit for 30 minutes daily from today, twice a day
My recommendation is have a medical team meeting at the facility he is receiving care.  The physical therapists, occupational therapists and medical doctors should be able to prepare a plan of care for your dad.  Ask them for your inclusion in the care.  Very often family members are an integral part of the rehabilitation process.  Best in health, JAG
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.