43 year old implants

I am 73 and have had implants for 43 years!  The left breast has aged gracefully, but the right has been enclapsulated almost from the beginning.  As you can imagine the encapulation has become very bad now.  My right breast is a lot higher than my left and is beginning to pull my skin covering sternum over to the right.  I really cannot afford to have them removed, so was curious about a temporary remedy for my problem.  Any ideas out there?

This discussion is related to encapsulated implants.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
What you may be having is breast implant scarring and fibrosis. The 3 estrogen hormones that human women make, drive the formation of fibrosis and scar tissue, The treatment is by removing encapsulated breast implants, or through scoring of your scar tissue around the implant. Another technique is by means of endoscopic laser treatment os breast implant encapsulation.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Community

Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.