Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Community

NUMBNESS IN ENTIRE BREASTS 6 MONTHS AFTER AUGMENTATION

I am now 6 1/2 months post-op (breast aug. under the muscle with crease incision) and both of my breasts are completely numb. Whatever small areas (like a part of the outsides of each breast) that have sensation have had sensation since day one post-op, therefore there has been no improvement whatsoever over time. The numbness begins at the incision mark and spreads up the entire breast on both sides, the upper part of the breast has very, very little sensation rather than full numbness, like the nipple down. Again, this sensation has been as it is now since just after the surgery.

My question is: has anyone out there experienced this? Or, any doctors out there, do I have a reasonable chance of getting full, or any, sensation back?

This has turned my life for the worst, causing extreme depression and regret. I also just want to say, any women out there considering breast augmentations, PLEASE consider the potential consequences of breast augmentations. They are NOT worth it if you simply have small breasts. Embrace your body for what it is, because I know I felt much more beautiful before this mutilation of my body.
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.