what would be the cause of both blood in the lungs and fluid built up in abdomen ?

My dog suddenly stopped eating but drank water, i noticed her belly was distended Sept 4th. I took her to an emergency clinic and they did abdominal xrays and complete blood tests. The tests were "normal" . I then took her to my vet and she took chest xrays and more bloodwork. The bloodwork was normal, but her chest xrays were very bad-showed fluid almost 3/4 full in both lungs. I rushed her to another hospital to tap her lungs and they found blood. They said the tests was inconclusive of cancer cells. The only way to tell whats wrong is a CT scan which i couldnt afford. Her belly went down though after that visit a week ago. And now this weekend it filled up again. They ruled out heart disease and suggested a possible folded lung. My question is, what else would cause both issues? I fear her time is up regardless but wish i had answers and more time to raise $$

You are reading content posted in the Pocket Pets & Small Animals Community

Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Has your pet ever swallowed your prescription medicine? Vet tech Thomas Dock explores the top 10 meds that harm pets and what you can do to prevent a tragedy from happening.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.