guinea pig problem with skin

i found a bear patch of skin on my female guinea pigthe patch itself has a red color and has a yellow circle in th middle
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I can't think of any other options. Warm compresses might help. But she may have a tumor or if it's an infection, she'll need the appropriate antibiotics which only a vet can prescribe. Not all antibiotics are safe for rodents and you would need the proper dosage calculated according to her weight and the strength of the medicine.
Helpful - 0
no she has had no babies  and yes that area dose feel quite a bit warmer than the rest of her body what should i do beside takin her to the vet i will but only as a last result
Helpful - 0
Typically there's little to no hair around the teats. Has she had babies recently? I wonder about mastitis - an infection. Does the area feel hotter than normal compared to other areas of her skin? Again, that could be a sign of infection. Only a vet that can see it first hand and palpate it will be able to figure it out.
Helpful - 0
actually the yellow spot is on her nipple what should i do about this
Helpful - 0
Please see a vet about this one. It sounds like it might be an abscess.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pocket Pets & Small Animals Community

Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Has your pet ever swallowed your prescription medicine? Vet tech Thomas Dock explores the top 10 meds that harm pets and what you can do to prevent a tragedy from happening.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.