10 years of pcos

Posted 9 minutes ago

I was diagnosed when I was 13, I am now 23. My case is unusual. I started birth control at 13 to help with the cysts, I was on the pill for a few years then started the depo provera shot around 18. That worked for awhile. I thought I out grew the pcos like my doctors promised would happen. Come to find out the shot merely masked the disease. I am now 100% off birth control. I take 100mg of progesterone everyday to try and help. However, blood work indicated that I'm unusual. My specialist informed me that normally estrogen is very low with pcos, however mine is high and my testosterone is extremely low. They will not do treatment due to me wanting to have a baby. I am in pain every day with my ovaries. I have absolutely no disire for sex. Someone just give me some clarity on all of this.
I wish I had something helpful or relatable to say, but I don’t. I hope that you gain clarity soon PCOSister.