Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community

Anyone develop PCOS in your 30s?

I am 31 years old. I have always had debilitatingly painful periods which come irregularly, but always in a 4-6 week window. I had a few dark hairs on my face and nipples, but I had them removed with electrolysis years ago and have had no regrowth. I have never had a problem with my weight. Have always been slim with low body fat percentage. I am 5'8" and 125 lbs. I was told by two doctors it was very likely my seriously painful periods (and occasional mid-cycle bleeding) were due to endometriosis, though I have never been laprascopically diagnosed. I recently had an ultra sound and was told I have a 3 cm cyst on my ovary. I have had 5-6 ultrasounds in the past, none of which have ever shown other cysts. I am not on birth control of any kind; have never been pregnant.

I am currently having the longest cycle I have ever had. I'm on day 55. (The longest one I've ever had before was 44 days - just over 6 weeks, and that was only once). Normally I fall within 4-6 weeks and now it's almost 8 weeks, so I am freaking out a bit. I did a pregnancy test three days ago, and it was negative. It would be highly unlikely that I am pregnant because my sexual activity is limited and I use condoms and have not had one break. So leaving aside the highly improbable possibility of pregnancy, does anyone know what my problem could be? I am not stressed out, not eating any differently than normal (and I eat healthily), and I am not over-exercising.

Is it possible that I am developing PCOS in my early 30s? I have no other symptoms that I can see, but could this be the early stages?