Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community

Can a female with a uterus take Estrogen Only HRT (no progesterone)?

I'm an 18 year old cisgender female with an intact uterus and low estrogen/progesterone. To counter this, my doctor has prescribed me 100 mcg Estradot patches and 200 mg Microgest. I have absolutely HORRIBLE reaction to the Microgest -- horrific nausea, constipation, excessive vaginal discharge, headaches, constantly feel drunk, etc. I have been taking it 3 months now, so I know this is not a fluke. I can barely function in day-to-day life -- my grades, health, social life, sleep, and attitude have all dropped heavily. My doctor has recommended cycling it, but that doesn't make much of a difference. Can I take only the Estrogen HRT and toss the Microgest, or is it too much of a risk? It seems I have exhausted many options and Estrogen seems to be the last one.