Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community

Clomid Clock

Well I have irregular/long cycles and PCOS and would like to try clomid.  However I have a timing problem.  My husband will be home in about a month for two weeks only.  I heard about taking something to start periods and then taking the clomid on the correct CD but who long would the whole process take?  I don't yet know his exact leave dates yet but if we miss this opportunity we won't have another until at least February.
sorry, mistype.  I meant HOW long would it take?   :P
I have the same problem, my husband is a sailor, comes home for a short period of time, so it is hard to get pregnant, I would like to start clomid to, please let me know how did it work for you.
I too have PCOS. When i first took clomid, there was a process.. I had to take progesterone for 10 days to start a period...on cd 1 i went in for an u/s to make sure i didn't have the cysts. Start Clomid on cd3 thru cd7 Got my pos ovulation test on cd13. "O" on cd 15. It depends on your situation too. sometimes they have to test out how much clomid you'll need to help you stimulate the ovulation. hope that helps!