A
A
Close
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
3.56k Members
1484618 tn?1290004265

Exercise for PCOS who wants to get pregnant

Hi Guys,

I would like to seek your opinion base on what you have experienced or been advised by your AP on what is the best exercise for obese women with PCOS? I really want to have a baby and before i proceed taking clomid i want to lose weight.

Pls help....

Thanks,

IMEE
6 Responses
I to suffer from PCOS as a complication of having Fibromyalgia... The only thing you can do is just ask your Dr. which is the best excercise for you.. Or just walk, drink lots of water.. It is possible to get pregnant with PCOS and being obese.. I am considered severely obese and I am pregnant with baby number 4 but after 5 years......If you'd like to talk, feel free to hit me up, I have some really great websites for PCOS and getting pregnant
Cut out soda, cut down on simple sugars & simple Carbs. Smaller meals, balanced diet. Walk, ease into workouts. Think lifestyle changes instead of quick instant results. Losing weight for us PCOSers is difficult no matter how overweight we are. Don't get discouraged. As little as 10lbs can make a difference.  
Walking helps. 30-60 minuets a day.
Cutting out excess sugars (simple carbs in moderation).
Small meals.
Two snacks a day with 3 meals.

I did all of that as stated above and lost at one point 62lbs.
1484618 tn?1290004265
thanks so much!!!!!!!! im trying the low GI diet and its working... btw do u guys have a baby?
No baby here...not trying.
1504962 tn?1292510693
Eating healthy helps too. If you walk for at least 30 minutes 5 times a week, it can help regulate your metabolism. What you should really do, is eat foods that are low in carbs, which women who have PCOS can't digest very well, and turns in to glucose-that in turn adds on the unhealthy weight. Most of the time, if you go to your doctor, they will perscribe Metformin to help with that. I don't have a baby yet, but we're starting Clomid this weekend!
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.