Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community

High Testosterone

I am a 23year old female and last week I was told by my OBGYN that I have VERY high testosterone for a female. My level was 246 and normal for a female should be 4-45. Should I be worried?? I got referred to a Endocrinologist.
High testosterone levels in women are often caused by PCOS (Polycistic Ovarian Syndrome).

This is a benign condition which results in irregular or missed periods, excessive hair growth on the face and body and so on.

Extremely high testosterone levels can also be caused by androgen-secreting tumors, located in adrenal glands. These are usually benign but in rare cases may also be malignant.

Please keep us updated!

Best of luck,
E.B.
That's the wierd thing I have regular periods and no excess facial hair. I will find out on Thursday and keep u updated

Thank u