Hormone levels

I am a 25 year old female, I had a saliva hormone kit evaluated with testosterone, DHEA, estradiol, and progesterone, also progesterone/estradiol ratio done. The results came back as this,

Estradiol- normal
Progesterone- Low; 47.2 (range of 127-446)
Ratio of Progesterone to estradiol - 33.0 Low; (range of 200-600)
Testosterone- 83.5 High; (range of 6.0-49)
DHEA- 366.7 High- (range of 106-300)

I can tell that i have way higher 'male hormones' than the women's hormones but, why? All I want to know is why it is this way or what do i have?? I would like to know ASAP, it's driving me nuts. Thank you, Kelli
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am not a doctor but I can tell you that most woman that have higher level of testosterone suffer from PCOS.  I have a higher level of testosterone and i have had PCOS all of my life.. but was diagnose in 2001.  You should go to your doctor and ask to be tested for PCOS.. Good luck..
Helpful - 0
I have had 2 children already but, after both of them i took the depo shot. They are about 4 years apart and I was on depo for 2 years after the first child and about 6 months after the 2nd one. Do you think depo would have caused it?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community