Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community

How to confirm if you have PCOS

Hi, i'm looking for advice on how to treat pcos, but the thing is i'm not sure if i have it. I have Hirsutism but no other symptom. I have never taken the pill either. So i'm not sure what i have. Every video online states you must have three symptoms to confirm that it is pcos. I'm so confused.
Hello and welcome to the forum!  Thanks for the question.  I recommend that you see your doctor for a full examination.  Your doctor will be interested in any symptoms you may have.  I know you say you have hirsutism but how is your cycle?  Are you irregular? That's very common with PCOS.  You weight may be involved as well and you aren't even aware of it. They will assess your BMI when at the doctor as well. Your doctor will likely do blood work to check your hormones.  If you have slightly higher male hormones, this would be detected and is a sign of PCOS.  The hirsutism is because of that when related to PCOS and other symptoms could be acne or thinning hair.  Another very telling diagnostic test is a vaginal ultrasound actually looking to see if you have cysts on the ovaries.
This article talks about all of this for you to review https://www.webmd.com/women/do-i-have-pcos#1  Are you able to schedule an appointment with a gynecologist?
Diagnosis of PCOS requires a combination of clinical, laboratory, and imaging findings.

The Rotterdam Criteria require the presence of 2 of the following:

1. ovulatory dysfunction (oligo- or anovulation)
2. clinical and/or biochemical hyperandrogenism
3. polycystic ovarian morphology on ultrasound