Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community

I want to lower my testosterone!!

I was diagnosed with PCOS about 5 years ago, and I have always had a high testosterone (160 at time of diagnosis) Is there a natural way to lower the bodies testosterone?
Try cutting down on sugar and carbs, plus add some moderate exercise to your diet plan. The reason this works is that excess sugar and refined carbs cause high blood sugar, which in turn causes high insulin, which stimulates the ovaries to make androgens (male hormones). You can also try some of these ideas as well:

1. Take nutritional supplements to lower your testosterone. Diindolylmethane, or DIM, is a natural supplement made from cauliflower and broccoli, and is known to reduce androgens, or male sex hormones (among which is testosterone). Taken daily, 120 mg of DIM should help correct your hormonal balance; 200 mg of Calcium-D-Glucarate, twice daily, may also help to get your hormones back in balance

2. Drink herbal teas or consume them in capsule or tincture form to help you lower your testosterone levels. Perhaps one of the best (and tastiest) herbs for correcting this problem is spearmint. Studies performed at the Suleyman Demirel University in Isparta, Turkey, show that women drinking two cups of spearmint tea for five days significantly lowered their androgen levels. Other herbs known to reduce testosterone levels include black cohosh (20 to 40 mg twice daily), saw palmetto (160 mg twice daily) and chaste tree (20 to 40 mg daily).
Thank you for the wonderful advise. I think I'll go out and buy me some spearmint tea tomorrow.  I've heard that soy also lowers testosterone, do you know anything about this?
Just remember, too much soy is not good for your body.