Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community

JOINT PAIN

IS IT NORMAL TO HAVE JOINT PAIN AS A SYMPTOM OF PCOS??? I CANT TAKE THE PAIN ANYMORE AND MY DR SAID I HAVE TO LOSE WEIGHT TO CALM DOWN THE SYMPTOMS BUT ITS HARDER THAN  I THOUGHT TO EXERCISE WHEN EVERY JOINT IN MY BODY HURTS.
How overweight are you? Joint point is not a common symptom of PCOS, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not linked somehow. Your joints will hurt if your carrying allot of excess weight. I guess it's different for everybody. I'm overweight, and I never suffer from any joint point...which always shocks my doctors. I'm thinking you might have another issue on your hands, and this may not be related to PCOS at all. I suggest to see another doctor and get some tests done on your body to see why your in so much pain.
Thank you for the advice but i weigh 195 now and 4 mths ago i weighed 230 i went to two drs and they checked for everything like arthritis & lupis but i do have type 2 diabetes from the pcos but they know how much pain i have and wont give me anything for it i dont even know
Hi, I have PCOS and have had it for over 20 years, I also have severe PMT and I am on PROSTAP, over the last few months I have joint pain in my legs all day and at night, it is so annoying and painful, I feel tired at work and I have quite an active job, i am not lazy in any shape or form but it is really getting me down and I have been advised to lose weight, however, I find it very difficult as I also have an arthritic knee which needs surgery to a new knee, although, I can deal with the pain in my knee if it was only the knee it is the pain in my both legs that is getting me down.
im sorry to hear that i know it really ***** because i have a2yrold and a 5 yr old and i was very active with them until aboout a yr and 6 mths ago and the joint pain is just getting worst its even hard to hold my son but i heard that a low carb and gluten free diet could possibly help so im going to start trying that anyway best wishes to you and i hope you feel better
I know how you feel. I have terrible joint pain that will start off sore and stiff and then get so bad the pain radiates through my full limb. I go through tubs of icy hot ointment and I am only 32. I also have been recently diagnosed with PCOS and Hypothyroidism. My Endo can't explain why I am having such pain. I am taking Metformin and Synthroid but nothing is working. I feel like I am 90, I don't think this is normal.
not that this can replace medical treatment for pain and arthritis, but glucosamine is great for helping with joint pain - it helps lubricate the joints and build new cartlidge. My mother in law swears by it for her arthritis, so it might help you out. Jamieson vitamins (canadian company, but they now sell to the US at www.jamiesondirect.com) makes  shellfish free glucosamine products (great if you have an allergy or are worried about contaminants). Hope you get some relief!
PCOS causes inflammation throughout the body. This is why you have joint pain and fatigue. I've had PCOS for 22 years. I'm now seeing a rheumatologist for Psoriatic arthritis. I firmly believe that PCOS started these issues with my immune system. You are not crazy..the pain is real!! My 17 year old daughter is now experiencing the same problems & going to an OBGYN next week for an ultrasound. Good luck & God bless you! Praying for you today.
Hi I have pcos. I got diagnosed when I was 16 years old. I am overweight/obese. I do struggle to lose weight. But I feel I've found someone on YouTube to help me. Not a diet but exchanging junk food for a more healthier option. I have been finding the past year that I ache mainly in my legs feet and hips. I will find out in the next couple of weeks if it is to do with my weight or not. If not then I will speak to my gp. Not that they know much about pcos. But here's hoping.