Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community

Provera/Medroxyprogesterone Question

I was diagnosed with PCOS a little over a year ago.  I tried Glucophage but that didn't work.  It's been just over a year since my last period so my doctor prescribed Provera to start my period then Clomid.  I took the Provera as prescribed for 10 days.  It's been 6 days since I stopped and still no period.  All of the information I've read says it should take 3-7 days so I haven't called my doctor yet.  Has anyone else had this experience.  I'm getting a bit worried that this is more serious than my doctor originally thought.

Thanks for your help.

I am taking Medroxyprogesterone also. I took it for 10 days and 3-4 days later spotting occured, then 2 days after AF arrived. The way I took it was before I went to bed. I've heard it has some bad effects, which was the case the first round.

I did see my doctor during the first round of taking (for other reasons) and casually said that "yesterday was the last day" and she had mentioned that AF would come within 10 days. I was surprised since that would make it about 50 days between cycles. She said the usual is about 4 days, but if you haven't had a period in sometime it maybe longer, but should regulate after a few rounds.

Hope that helps. I would say by day 8 if you haven't even had spotting call.
hi, i used provera also when my AF after D and C didnt arrive. i used it for five days only 10 mg, after 4 days my first AF arrived. then after 20 days AF arrived again then i used provera to stop the bleeding. right now im using it for 16 days my doctor told me that my AF will arrive may 25th. then i will take clomid... by the way my cycle is regular but now im in hormonal imbalance...
hi im new on here. i finished my course of medroxyprogesterone on wed and still dont have any sign of a bleed....is this normal
cheekycheeks,

sometimes it takes a couple of days for the progesterone to kick in. i've heard between 3 and 7 days after you take the last pill. my prog pill was taken on dec 22 and i got af on the dec 26. i hope this helps :)
correction... my LAST prog pill was taken on dec 22 and i got af on dec 26.
I was just diagnosed with PCOS about a year ago also (I probably had it longer than that and didn't know) but I was prescribed Provera to bring my periods on and it worked every time. One time I got my period on the 7th day...if you don't get it on the 7th day call your doctor and let them know.

Good luck!
I have been on 3 different rounds of provera and it didnt work I had all the signs of my period but no period has anyone had this happen if so what did you do
I switched to a new doctor who did an ultrasound and found my uterine lining was about 15x the amount it should be. I also have had pcos for about 9 years. I'm hoping this helps a little. Fingers crossed.