Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community

Transvaginal Ultrasound Interpretation

Hi. I got my Ultrasound Result but the Doctor did not interpret. I am so worried. Is there something to be worried of? I am 26 years old and we are planning to have a baby by May 2014. Here's the result:Thank you so much in advance.

Uterus: 4.8x4.9x4.4 cm
Retroverted
No abnormalities appreciated

Endometrium: 1.3 CM
Hyperechoic

Right Ovary:  4.7x5.1x3.0 CM
The right ovary is cystically enlarged as measured with hyperechoic lines and dots with a mural nodule seen suggestive of an ovarian cyst with benign sonologic features, probably dermoid cyst

Left Ovary: 4.3x2.7x3.0 CM
Within a background of polycystic change there is a cystic structure with crenated internal border suggestive of corpus luteum

Cervix: 3.8x2.9x2.5 CM

Impression/Conclusion:
NORMAL SIZED RETROVERTED UTERUS WITH SECRETORY PHASE ENDOMETRIUM
OVARIAN CYST RIGHT AS DESCRIBED PROBABLY DERMOID CYST
POLYCYSTIC LEFT OVARY WITH CORPUS LUTEUM

CORRELATE CLINICALLY
According to your ultrasound report, one ovary is polycystic and the other is having a dermoid cyst. PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome ) is a problem in which a woman’s hormones are out of balance.So ovaries develop more follicles than normal every month.Diagnostic tests are 2 hr GTT,serum androgen and testosterone levels,LH-FSH ratio,prolactin levels,TSH levels,17-hydroxyprogesterone levels  and 3D ultrasound done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for this helpful information, Doctor! I want to make sure that I can have a baby next year. Thank you.