Avatar universal

abnormal hair growth

i have abnormal hair growth in areas like cleavage, naval etc.
what should i do?
8 Responses
1273871 tn?1326224858
Get tested for polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) or have your testosterone levels checked, both at your GP office.
Avatar universal
CuteNsweeT is right, but get tested for thyroid problems too! it's common that abnormal hair growth could occur because of a thyroid dysfunction. Good luck!
1725859 tn?1309737300
I believe my doc once told me that getting put on birth control can help control that by increasing the amount of estrogen and progesterone in your body. I am unsure though because I am on the pill and still get the occasional hair or two on my neck.
Avatar universal
Avatar universal
is tat curable?
Avatar universal
yeah it is :)
it's just better to get it cured ASAP because it can cause other problems.
Avatar universal
ASAP means what?
Avatar universal
ASAP means As Soon As Possible
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community

Top Women's Health Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.