Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community

abnormal hair growth

i have abnormal hair growth in areas like cleavage, naval etc.
what should i do?
Get tested for polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) or have your testosterone levels checked, both at your GP office.
CuteNsweeT is right, but get tested for thyroid problems too! it's common that abnormal hair growth could occur because of a thyroid dysfunction. Good luck!
I believe my doc once told me that getting put on birth control can help control that by increasing the amount of estrogen and progesterone in your body. I am unsure though because I am on the pill and still get the occasional hair or two on my neck.
thnkyou
is tat curable?
yeah it is :)
it's just better to get it cured ASAP because it can cause other problems.
ASAP means what?
ASAP means As Soon As Possible