Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community

bad cramps and bleeding for days after fingering?

I don't actually have PCOS, I just have polycystic ovaries but its pretty similar. I've been on birth control for nine months, haven't missed a pill in months, and I've had no previous problems with breakthrough bleeding.

I've fingered myself in the past, but recently my boyfriend has been using his fingers too. We've done no more than hand stuff but sometimes a little roughly. Twice now in the past month or so, I've had really awful cramps and bleeding the days after. The first time for almost a week, enough I had to use a tampon. He keeps his nails short and smooth, so I don't think its cuts. Also, there is no pain during at all, it isn't until hours later.

I've read that cysts or polyps can cause bleeding, but are small ovarian ones enough to cause this pain?

I don't know, its pretty aggravating and painful, and I hope someone can relate or give me some sort of advice.
(I'm 18 and haven't had actual intercourse, just hand stuff)