Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community

life with PCOS *****

I don't have a question...I just need to vent and would like someone to console me.  I hate it when everyone knows (your family) that you have PCOS and they still rub it in your face that there is a baby on the way.  You know, PCOS isn't a joke and could be really serious so I don't see why people take it so lightly.  Some have even told me, well if you get your weight  under control...blah blah blah then it should be ok, well news for that, it is easier said than done.  Who else out there feels what I am saying.    
AGREED!!! I feel under constant pressure - I dont share the weight problem, infact I am thin, but I have the same issue... I may be young, but I want children more then anything, my partner and I have been trying unsuccesfully although even he keeps saying he is very fertile... well honey I am NOT so its not helping! My family and all my friends just say its fine, it will happen, dont worry!!! your too stressed about it...
Everyone seems to play it off like its nothing like nothing is wrong, and so do doctors, and so does your WHOLE FAMILY and sometimes even WE DO - try and convince ourselves?? Like its all a freaking bad dream we will ALL WAKE UP FROM... NO ITS NOT, ITS SERIOUS, and DOESNT SEEM TO BE GETTING BETTER BUT WORSE!!! so I am with you sister! I am sick of hearing everything will be fine, just try and put some weight on/off, it will happen, or just keep trying, or OOOH GUESS WHO IS PREGNANT!!! MAN!!!! I am definately with ya... BIG HUGS DARL!!!! Your definatley not alone in your anguish!
I just now after 3+ years of trying to get some one to listen to me am starting Metformin.  I get the if you can just lose weight from so many doctors it made me crazy.  One even suggested Gastric Bypass.  I told her that to remain at my current weight I would have had to consume like 5-6 thousand calories a day.  Everyone thought I was lying and a closet food freak!!!  Hopefully with my new medication I can finally get this weight off and feel normal again.  I had to go to Joslin Diabetes Center in Boston to get a Dr that new what the heck she was talking about.  My insulin is at 25 and I have an underactive thyroid (again something I have been telling them for years) that is finally being treated!!!  Hang in there.  
I don't even want a stupid baby. I can't even afford to take care of myself. I just want to feel like a normal woman. I don't know if I have PCOS. As I've said in other posts, I skip one or two periods pretty often. This year, it's become more frequent and I get really bad moodswings, acne, strange symptoms in the months that I skip. My hormones go amess because I'm trying to ovulate and CAN'T. I don't know how I can survive, feeling like this. I already have depression (which I guess is linked to my hormonal issues). My ultrasound came back satifactory, with several follicles noted on my left ovary. I was in shock when my doctor said I still could have PCOS - he left it up to me to do bloodwork if I want. I put it off because I'm just in shock. I guess it doesn't matter because PCOS isn't treatable anyway. I know something is off. I'm 28 and feel like I'm going through menopause. I don't feel attractive because I don't have the ovulation glow - ovulating females are always more attractive. I can't even have that anymore. I don't even know if I am ovulating on the months that I get periods cause I found out you can have periods and not have ovulated. I don't know how you feel, but having a baby is the least of my issues. I don't even feel sane, and these birth control pills are making me feel that much worse. All I wanted was to at least feel like I'm having a regular cycle but synthetic hormones in my body don't make me feel better.