Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community

pcos and actually pregnant?

I was just wondering how many of you got pregnant while you had pcos. was it natural or was it with fertility drugs? was your pregnancy normal, or did you have a lot of complications? if so, what were the complications? when i was diagnosed with pcos (8 years ago) my gyno told me nothing except "you'll never have kids" that has been my worst nightmare since. i just want to here positive, or even not so positive stories.
I got pregnant with PCOS.  Got pregnant on accident - no meds, no nothing.  I had lost some weight and finally had regular cycles again, but didn't worry about taking precautions as I was told I wouldn't be able to conceive.  Four months into having regular cycles, I conceived again (my doctor seemed a touch surprised).  I was 35/36 years old during the pregnancy, ended up with gestational diabetes - but that runs in my family.  The only real trouble was making it through the first 12 weeks.  It was nerve wracking because women with PCOS have about a 50/50 chance of miscarrying before 12 weeks.  After 12 weeks, the miscarriage rate drops to that of "normal" women.  So, we kept the pregnancy quiet for the first 3 months.  Moral of the story - don't be too sure your doctor is right.  Tons of women with PCOS have had babies.  For some it takes a lot of effort.  For others, not so much.
Hi I had to have ovarian drilling to remove all my cysts, Then we did 5 rounds of injectable drugs with IUI I got pregnant on the 5th round.  I'm currently 10 weeks :).  I agree with myenzoorka these 10 weeks have been so nerve wrecking.  I over analyze everything thinking I might loose the baby.  So far my only issues were normal pregnancy stuff, nausea, vomiting, fatigue.  I am also taking metformin, baby aspirin and prometrium and have to continue all three until 13 weeks.  I had two doctors that told me I would never get pregnant :).  It's possible just don't loose hope :).  
yay for you and your babies! <3
I have a healthy 7-year-old, conceived naturally (despite dr's warning that it wouldn't happen). I went into labour 9 weeks pre-term, which I understand might be related to PCOS, but other than that we haven't had any problems.

Now trying for #2, I have much higher hopes, but must admit it's frustrating when cycles are irregular. Charting really helps keep hpt costs down :)

Best of luck! Hopefully we'll both be pregnant soon.
good luck to you too sweetie! i really need to learn about charting. but i don't want to be so focused on this i don't focus on anything else. its already becoming that. lol
I am 25 weeks pregnant with pcos, i was taking metformin(diabetic med) to keep my insulin level down plus i lost like 60 pounds before getting pregnant, it took 18 months on metformin and losing weight at the beginning of that than i got pregnant. With no other meds. I did have to take progesterone during the beginning of the pregnancy so I would not lose the baby. I took the progesterone till the second trimester started.