Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community

pcos/medroxyprogesterone

Hi guys, i'm new here. I was diagnosed with pcos just recently. I didn't have my period for 6-8 months now. I was afraid i will not be able to conceive:(. Yesterday i started taking medroprogesterone for 10 days. I will be starting with BC for few months until me and my husband are ready for a baby. I am afraid, really afraid of the side effects... and one thing the scared me to death is finding out in the future...i cant have a baby.. guys, i dont what to do. I'm the only one in my family who has this condition.. thanks
Hey there.  I just found out I had pcos about 3 years ago when I got off the pill and didn't get a period for 8 months.  The pill is actually good for women with this syndrome because it regulates us.  
As far as conceiving, it might be a little trickier, but we are lucky to have such advanced medical treatments to help us.  Everyone is different, who knows, you might be one of the lucky ladies to gets pregnant on the first try!    
What we do need to be careful of is our weight and eating habits.   Ladies with pcos can tend to be overweight and even become diabetic.  So staying healthy is key both for you and your future baby.
Keep your head up!!!!!