Aa
A
A
A
Close
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
3.56k Members

pcos/medroxyprogesterone

Hi guys, i'm new here. I was diagnosed with pcos just recently. I didn't have my period for 6-8 months now. I was afraid i will not be able to conceive:(. Yesterday i started taking medroprogesterone for 10 days. I will be starting with BC for few months until me and my husband are ready for a baby. I am afraid, really afraid of the side effects... and one thing the scared me to death is finding out in the future...i cant have a baby.. guys, i dont what to do. I'm the only one in my family who has this condition.. thanks
1 Responses
1191960 tn?1280077680
Hey there.  I just found out I had pcos about 3 years ago when I got off the pill and didn't get a period for 8 months.  The pill is actually good for women with this syndrome because it regulates us.  
As far as conceiving, it might be a little trickier, but we are lucky to have such advanced medical treatments to help us.  Everyone is different, who knows, you might be one of the lucky ladies to gets pregnant on the first try!    
What we do need to be careful of is our weight and eating habits.   Ladies with pcos can tend to be overweight and even become diabetic.  So staying healthy is key both for you and your future baby.
Keep your head up!!!!!
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.