Are anxiety attacks part of post partum?
I was diagnosed with ppd a little over a month ago. I have a 2 year old and a 7month old. I work full time and I am in school part time. I had a good handle on my emotions in the beginning but now things are starting to get a little more overwhelming. Last week I had an anxiety attack that woke me up out of my sleep. I had another last night and now my chest hurts really bad. It hurts as if I'm going to have another at any given moment. Is this part of pdd or is this something completely different?
How are you able to keep up with all that?
I manage. I mean I do have help from my fiance but he works 3rd shift so when he is home he sleeps
I have a 6 year old a 4 yr old and a 3 mth old baby..work full time and I am in full time ministry at my church God is able to strengthen you and restore your mind and give u perfect peace ..... be encourage and lean unto Jesus he is tour present help....
You know that's exactly what I needed to hear! Thank you so much!
My son is 6 weeks old today, and he is my only child. Right now he has his days and nights mixed up and I am so tired and sleepy. Pretty soon I will have to return to work and I just don't know how it's gonna work out. Unfortunately I can't stay home and take care of him full time. I just wish that I could have a sign that me and my son are gonna get through this.
As I understand it, anxiety and depression are different illnesses but go hand in hand.
If the attacks are concerning you I would go see your GP or whomever you've been seeing about your depression as they might suggest altering your treatment.
It does sound like you have a lot on your plate though which may be contributing. I had a similar amount on my plate when I first started treatment for PPD and the first thing my psychologist did was ask whether I needed to be doing all of it.
All the best of luck.
You should work part time or quit entirely if you're able.. that's way too much stress in a person.
Yes anxiety can be part of PPD. I have a 3 year old. I had PPD thru his first year of life. It didnt help that i was diagnosed with anxiety when i was 14. So when i had PPD it was 10x worse. I would find my self cleaning and had moved all the furniture into a circle around me from cleaning. A good friend of mine came over to check on me and could barely get in the door because of all the furniture. He found me in the middle on the floor just sitting there crying. It helps to have good friends to help you thru it that you are able to vent to and have no judgement towards you.
I have postpartum Anxiety which includes panic attacks. I do not have postpartum depression as it's defined by the symptoms. So you can have one and not the other. I also work full time, have two children, and am trying to get sworn into the Bar to practice law so all those stressors can add to it. However, for me it's postpartum because i have a lot of worry and what if's about the new baby and her health. I feel like I am failing and letting my family down constantly. I sometimes feel like they'd be better off if they didn't have me making things worse for them. (None of these are real past my feelings, I manage our finances, our schedules, help take care of the house and the kids, exclusively BF/pump a child that has to be lactose, egg and citrus free meaning I've changed my entire diet, etc.)  I'd call and make an appointment with your GP and get into therapy. Good luck <3