Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community
331 Members

Medicate or not?

I'm 23 years old. I had a baby a little over a year ago. After I had my daughter I went through severe postpartum depression. I was prescribed Zoloft.  I took it for 6 months and decided I didn't want to take it anymore because it made me feel out of touch. So I gradually weaned myself off. Fast forward to 2 months later. Anxiety is back and feels like depression is too. Should I start my Zoloft again?
Another option would be to try Thrive.  My mom has had depression issues and since going on this vitamin regimen,  she's doing great. It's a patch and a pill once a day. It's all the vitamins and minerals that help. Worth a shot.
You should get your vitamin d checked. Of its low it causes depression like symptoms.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.