Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community
331 Members

Post partum after 3 months?

Has anyone experienced post partum depression starting 3 months after delivery? I'm not having any problems bonding with or caring for my baby but I'm very emotional...I cry several times a day and often for no reason...I have patience with my baby but only my baby....I feel like I'm going crazy. I've been back to work for about 3 weeks now and I have really good child care but I cry every time I have to leave him.....has anyone else experienced this? Should I talk to my doctor or is this something that will just pass on its own?
I'm pretty sure that's not postpartum depression It's hard leaving a baby especially for a first time mom I have to go back to work in 3 weeks I'm dreading it I know it's gonna be tough. What you having is prob called "Baby blues" I had that the first few weeks I would cry for no reason and I was very emotional. If yours gets worse then yes you should definitely talk to your doctor. I hope you feel better soon God bless you and your little one.
You and I are going though the same thing only opposite. Im a stay at home mom for now due to my baby being born with a heart condition and im depressed because I cant return to work ( ive always been really overly ambitious) and my dr keeps referring to it as post partum. Baby blues end after 3 weeks or so in the very beginning but after that its considered post partum. You may also have seperation anxiety mixed in which I'm sure isnt helping. Im sorry!!
It wouldn't hurt to talk with your doctor.
Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community
331 Members
205 Questions
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.