postpartum Anxiety and breast feeding

I was diagnosed with PPA about 3 months after giving birth. I am in therapy and on busparone 15 mg. I went to see a psychiatrist to get something stronger for my anxiety, however I cannot take SSRI due to having seritonin syndrome as a child from an anti-depressant. I'm wondering if anyone else has had PPA or PPD and been given medication that helped treat anxiety that was not an SSRI and was still able to breast feed.
Gosh, that is a tricky question.  I have not.  What does your psychiatrist say?  Could a dosing change help?  What other classes can you take while breast feeding?  The doctor will know best.  Remember too, some lifestyle things DO help with anxiety such as moderate exercise, rest and eating right.  Things like deep breathing and meditation too.  I know all of that is hard with a new little one.  Talk to your psychiatrist AND your ob/gyn.  Let us know how you are doing.  And sweetie, if your mental health needs help, it is not the end of the world if you can not breast feed.  My older son weaned himself at 5 months.  My younger son had to be cut off or he would have been nursing FOREVER.  LOL  My older son is just as healthy as my younger and in fact has no allergies but my long term nursed child does.  Formula is good these days.  REally good.  So, do what works best for the whole picture and you included.  hugs