Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community
332 Members

pregnant depression?

Sorry but this is the only forum that is the closest to what I am looking for. I am currently pregnant with my second child and it just feels so different. When I was pregnant with my first child I was on cloud nine and felt wonderful about being a mom and everything. Both of my children are planned and we even had trouble concieving my second. Now it that it is on its way it feels so different I just dont feel as connected to this child as I did with my first. As much as I wish the pregnancy will end I am dreading the actual arrival of the baby. I don't feel right this entire pregnancy I have felt like something is wrong. My doctor says everything looks and sounds fine and any discomfort is normal. I have not told any one about how I feel emotionally last thing I need is a lecture to make me feel worse then I already do. I feel overwhelmed and not enthusiastic about anything. I cant even stand when my husband wants to rub my belly and talk to the baby I feel over crowded or like he is in my face rather then the baby's. I know I am a good mom and am fully capable of handling the baby but I want to enjoy it more not just go through the motions. Will these feelings go away or could this be a warning sign of developing ppd when the baby is born?
I am sorry that you are feeling the way you do at the moment. I do not see that this is a sign of you possibly developing PPD after the birth. Have you discussed the way you are feeling witha health care professionals, It could be a sign on pre natal depression.

I am sure that your feelings will pass once the baby is here and I have no doubts at all that you will bond with the baby. I have only had one child but I would imagine that each pregnancy is different. With the first everything is new and exciting and you dont't really know what to expect or understand what it feels like emotionally to have a baby. I think that the 2nd time around we are all more aware of it all and the novelty  of being huge wears off as you've done it before.

I am sure that you will be fine but perhaps you could do with discussing this with someone that you trust. No one will give youa lecture but it may help for you to know that you have emotional suuport from someone close and that not everything is about the new baby but you are still in there too.

x
I think somewhere between 10-15% of women devolop prepartum depression, and the risk of having postpartum for these women is much higher. I'm currently pregnant with my first due in 20 days and out of no where about a month ago I began feeling different alone, confused, scared, and several other little nagging feelings which won't go away. The best thing you can do for your baby and yourself is speak to a healthcare represenative so they can determine the best route of help. Talking about it will help too, and as long as yolu keep being honest with yourself you will get the help you need. I'm not a doctor I'm only telling you this stuff because I've been researchng it for myself. I wish you ther best, and if you need anyone to talk to drop me a note. Take care care and god bless, Happy Easter.
I was diagnosed with depression in my 3rd trimester. it was like that for both my pregnancies. they put me on medication for the 3rd trimester. it only made me sleepy- i went off of it i wish i would have had more time to find a medication that worked. i somehow got through the last trimester. as soon as i gave birth it went away. i now have depression for different reasons.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.