Chances of getting pregnant with one tube blocked

I would like to know what are the chances for me to get pregnante if one of my fallopian tube is bloked and I do not go throught the surgery??  
Is there any financial help for us??
Oh yes!!!!!! I have one fallopian tube and one ovary and I got pregnant!!!! I wasn't trying at all as we have two and we were done, but I believe this time around it was just meant to be for me;)
Good luck!!!!!!
Hello once again everybody. I have another question. My mom told me about a woman who had both working ovaries but upon closer inspection she had no eggs in her ovaries. I am just wandering if anyone else has heard of this and if so what would be the options. I have looked up this information online but no one else seems to have seen or heard anything about this. I am just looking at all my options and hoping that I won't be like this lady that my mom told me about. I just want to know that if this can possibly happen what could you do other than adopt. I want the feeling of being pregnant to feel my baby move inside of me for the first time and have all the embarrassing things happen that come along with pregnancy. I know this sounds weird but I truly want this stuff to happen to me. Thank you everyone this forum has been a god send. Bless You!
5 months ago i had lapascopic surgery to remove endometreosis and my obgyn also did a hsg and said that both tubes were blocked he then sent me to infertility dr. and he redid the hsg test and i cant believe it but my left tube is open, my right is blocked but he says that it is great news because it' s not as hard to get pregnant with one tube as you think it isk, we go on fertility drugs next month. I'm just praying and trying to stay hopefull. Good luck to all of you going through the same thing and god bless
I never thought I could get preg and one day as I was going to my doctors appt to check just if I could they told me that I was indeed 5 wks 5 days preg...I cried in excitement......upon turning 2 mths I rushed to the hospital long story short I had a tubal pregnancy which devistated me and left me with only one tube...I am 27 and it has been a couple days since the surgery...dr really didnt tell me anything. I hope and pray that I still can...how long should I wait to try again?
2 years ago i found out i had an std i guess which lead to PID becuase it was untreated i went for a HSG recently i have one blocked tube and one open. My gyn put me on clomid 50 mg. should this work for me or should i do any more procedures to see if i can reverse the blocked tube or should what my doc say work for me

help!!! me n my fiance been trying for 1 year now
hi everyone,
I am 21 years old.I had that diey test done about 1year ago it came out that my left tube is blocked.That day when i came home to my husband i did not know how to tell him that i have a bolcked tube  i have never been pregnet before and i reallyan o hav baby me and the hubby a been trying oa baby forabut 4-5 years and nothingif anyone know wr  can get the suagry done to unblock my tube in the newyork state plz let me know call me my # is (716)533-8363 plz help me we want to start ar family and each time i get my menstro i cry and get very deppresed because i am not pregnet by the way my nami chacha thankz andi oe to harfrm anyone soon
i have one tube, really hoping ill fall pregnant i am 27 years old. my right tube was removed due to ectopic pregnancy. had intercourse on ovulation day, i sure hope something will happen. hope God is not too angry with me for having premarital sex fro the purpose of conception.I hope soon ill be jumping for joy. i had a young girl out of the blue tell me i look like a beautiful pregnant woman and weeks later my sister told me she had a dream and in the dream i told her i was having twins. i dont believe there are coincedence, all things happen for a reason. im desparate for a child and im so down wondering if it worked cause i have one tube. God help me
Im having a Scentsy party online starting thankgiving to Mon Dec 6th 2010. Well a little about Scentsy for the people that dont no what it is. Safe Wickless Candles, Flameless, smokeless and soot-free—with Scentsy’s wickless candle bars and electric warmers, you can enjoy all the sensory delights of scented candles without the dangers of an open flame. Simply turn it on and enjoy one of 80 unique Scentsy fragrances, Its great for people with kids or pets they dont get to hot so they will not burn u or if ur pets or kids ate it, it will not hurt them and its a great Christmass gift start shopping now for Christmass and have it shipped to the people u are buying it for or to u. To start shopping now go to https://ddeane.scentsy.us/ and when u get there u will see my open party and find my name and next to my name it will say buy from party click on it and start shopping thanks everyone
Hi Ladies, I'm 36 years old and have been TTC for almost a year now. I decided to finally see a fertility specialist and had an HSG two months ago.  I found out my left tube is blocked. My Dr. couldn't determine the extent of the blockage, but assured me my other tube was fine. He reassured me that my egg would be picked up by the working tube.  I've read all your comments, and I'm hopeful.  I'm going back to the Dr. to do a post-coital test now.

I'm just learning about all these different procedures, and it's hard to know if they are just throwing all these procedures at you, because your vulnerable.  Take for example the post-coital test I'm going to do soon... I believe it should have been the first test given to evaluate the interaction between my cervical mucus and his sperm. Why not rule that out before more expensive and uncomfortable procedures?  Anyway, I know what all you ladies are going through, and sympathize.  Good luck to you, and I will keep you posted.  In the meantime, I'll continue wishing and hoping for a baby.
i have been happily re married for three years and we just had our first son. i already had 3 beautiful babies 8,7, and 6 from my previous marriage. i had my tubes tied in 2004 after my daughter was delivered. got divorced remarried and then got baby fever. i was heartbroken to find out that we only had a 2% chance of ever having a child together. we had three different surgery done in 2 1/2 years tubal reversal was first, then had to have cyst removed from where the dr reconnected my tubes, after that had another surgery to seperate my uterus from my bladder due to scar tissue from previous surgery. then in jan of 2010 had a dye test done that showed that my right tube was blocked and left was partially blocked.that week we were told by our obgyn that the only way we would have any chance was to have ivf done.in march of 2010 we had another appointment with the samt dr who said they woulnt perscribe clomid.  I was crushed because there was no way we could afford to have the ivf done. i went on being severly depressed and emotional only to find out that i was already 6 weeks pregnant. we had our baby boy in november two months early but now you would never know it. dont listen to dr saying that in is impossible keep the faith and dont give up .....
Thank you for your post.  It made me believe that, yes, anything is possible.  I have 2 children from a previous marriage.  Had gotten my tubes tied in 03'. After I had remarried my new husband and I have been trying for almost a year and a half.  We tried IVF with one successful implantation only to lead to a miscarriage last January.  I had my tubes reversed in July last year with again no success.  I did have a ectopic when I was with my ex husband only to leave scarring.  So when I had my tubes reversed the Dr was very optimistic of me getting pregnant with only my left tube.  Well 7 months later here we are still not pregnant.  Went for HSG yesterday only to find out that my right tube is blocked.  I wasn't aware that other tube can pick up other eggs.  Being 40 doesn't help my matters either.  My husband has no kids.  I'm trying to give my husband the best gift anyone can ever give.  My body has been through hell but I'm still determined to give him a child.  I've also had blood work to see if I still produce eggs.  Apparently it came back fine but a little low according to the doctor.  I'm just trying to go with the flow and not stressing over trying to get pregnant.  What ever will be will be.  I just pray to God that it will happen and soon.  My time now is numbered.  I'm not getting younger.
I am 36 years old. I have three wonderful, healthy children and after my 3rd child I had my tubes tied( HUGE MISTAKE). I am now re married to the love of my life and he does not have any children. We both very badly want a child together. I had two eptopic pregnacy's and both tubes were partially removed. Does anyone have any suggestions??
Hie ladies

You guys are luck was told by the doctor that both my tubes are blocked will never be able to have a child unless i do ivf,can't afford to do ivf it's expensive or how i wish god can look inside me and deliver a miracle cause i feel i have missing puzzler they is a space that need to filled.Good luck to you all
I also wanted to say that the test wasn't that bad for the results it gives and I do recommend anyone considering doing the HSG test to go ahead with it.  At first it was awkward to be on the x-ray table exposed with strangers but they are medical professionals and the Radiologist that did my test was very professional and had great bedside manor and the X-ray Tech was wonderful, caring and professional also.  I was lucky to have good medical staff for my test.  The beginning of the test was uncomfortable but not painful and I apparently have a very tilted and high up cervix which made it difficult for him to find my cervix in the first place and it took more time making it more uncomfortable.  The insertion of the catheter for the dye was a slight pinch, about what you feel at your yearly pap.  The beginning of the dye going in was not uncomfortable at all.  It was when the dye didn't go in easily that I got some cramping as it was being pushed in with pressure.  Still not that bad but it was mildly painful.  It was when my complications of the dye not going beyond my uterus that I had discomfort.  The dye needed to be pushed with more pressure to try to clear the fallopian tubes and that's what caused some serious cramps for me.  I was asked to tip to my left and more pressure and some serious cramps that made my eyes water but it was worth it because the tube cleared out and looked really good is what the Radiologist said.  When I tipped to the right in hopes of the same outcome and pressure was applied I know I wanted to cry but sucked it up and I did some deep breathes to save from crying and my eyes did water but that was again, more of the extreme case scenario and unfortunately it didn't open and probably has scar tissue blocking it up so that could also be why that side hurt the most.  So I don't want anyone reading this and considering having an HSG test done to be afraid.  I wanted to describe it as honestly and accurately as I can for my personal experience with the test.  Before I had it I read so many forums of women saying it was terrible, horrible pain and compared it to child birth.  They must have either been exaggerating or they had poor medical staff or just very sensitive systems.  I can't say they are wrong or anything because I'm just one person and I have my one personal experience with it but if you want answers to WHY then in my opinion it was well worth it.
The posts here about all the success others have had with having one working tube has reallly inspired me to feel postive with my situation and it makes me feel so much more confident that we can now have more kids.  We have a 10 year old and have been trying for another baby very seriously with all effort since Feb. 2011.  We've tried before but that was more of just not using birth control to see if it would happen naturally.  I took Clomid the last 2 mos but now know why nothing happened.
hello ladies,

I am writing this to give hope to all of you trying to conceive with one blocked tube. I was trying to conceive for almost 2 years and after doing all required tests, I found out I had a blocked tube. After thinking about it for months, I finally decided to have the laparoscopy done, in which they weren't able to clear my blocked tubes but I found out then, that I had minor endo, that they cleared out. One month later, I found out I was pregnant, with TWINS!!! :-) I did not take any fertily drugs or anything but i guess by them pumping liquid in my good tube during the operation, it made it work better ... So for all you ladies trying, there is always hope, hang in there and keep trying.

baby dust to all!!!!
I had three beautiful little girls and then had my tubes tied, shortly after that had my rt ovary removed and when they went in to do that found out i had endo...they burned some of it off but then about 4 yrs later missed a period and have a beautiful 5 yr old little girl making 4 girls lol if its ment to be it will happen quit trying and enjoy life and it will happen if your too stressed about it...it can cause your chances to go down...relax and it will happen! Good luck and bless you! I wish there were more people out there that want the resposability likew yourself with children instead of people getting prego at the drop of a dime and their children ending up in foster care!
To all ladies ttc YES you can get pregnant with tubes tied ovaries gone and endo i have all three and had a fourth child at 31 now im 36 and thinking about tryin for a boy lol it can happen have faith and relax dont try so hard it will happen stress makes it harder to concieve! RELAX! baby dust for those trying! God bless you all!
I had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy this year in April. My left tube was damaged and therefore removed. My left ovary is still there. i still have my right ovary and right tube, however i was never tested to see if my right tube is open. I also am trying to conceive 5 months after my ectopic. I notice that I still ovulate on my left side because I can feel when i ovulate. Im wandering if I should have the test done to see if my right tube is open. What do you guys think. Two ovaries and one fallopian tube on the right side.
I think you should get it tested to be sure. I am 38 yrs and want to have a baby so badly. I first found out I had benign tumor and had almost 12 lbs of tumor removed from my womb last december. My doctor said those tumor were blocking my uterus and I had no idea I even had them. I then did an hsg and found that my right tube is completely clear but my left is partially blocked; but my doctor told me I just need one clear to conceive. For year I thought I was barren and my relationship with my husband has ended because of the way I felt ad acted towards him. Thank God I have someone in my life now that have helped me to restore my Faith and go for it. You never know what worng unless you go and get checked out and ask pleanty of questions. I am now trying and I have Faith that I will. So good luck and let me know what happen; I will also post my updates ladies.
I am 37 years old and have been trying for about 6 months. I just had the hsg yesterday only to find out I have one blocked tube and one open but not flowing like the doctor would like on top of recently diagnosed endo and 2 cysts. For years I have battled discharges and irritations of different types that doctors never seem to be able to diagnose. I am feeling hopeless as my husband now complains about irritation after intercourse and fear my irritation may affect his sperm. I want nothing more than to conceive a healthy child but the odds seem to be against me. Anyone else having this issue or have advise for me besides changing doctors which I just did?
Hi read your story me and my husband had our son at 19 by c-secton then we had a break in our protection and got pregnant again only four weeks later after having our first which was a girl and then four months later got pregnant had another girl. We had a parent telling us to get my tubes tied which i did couldn't take it all the nagging. Anyways our last daughter we only got to enjoy her for a year and ahalf before the cancer over came her. We where devistated. A year later we decided that we would like to try to have another child. So we had my tubes untied and it took a year of torcher but findly we had a beautiful baby boy when one tube was blocked and we had our tubes untied he is now 2 and1/2 so i hope this helps you in some way we are now trying for our last and hope to have good news in the soon to come future! Take care and hope all your dreams and wishes come true!!!!!!!
Anyone who is having a hard time conceiving please do not put all your faith in drs. I had my first ectopic at 19 and lost my right tube in the process. I was devasted and tried for many years to have a baby. I gave up i felt i couldnt have kids. At 28 I found someone who I loved and wanted to share kids with so I went to a fertitly specialist and had a hsg done on my left tube. I found out it was blocked and scar tissue was everywhere. The doctor gave me options surgery,ivr, or adoption. I opted for the surgery but i was going on vacation so I said when I come back we can start the surgery this was July 23, 2003. i cried and I prayed to God if its your wil then let it be done. October 14,2003 I made a call to the ferility specialist to inform them I was pregnant, I had my daughter april 2004 and my son 2005 nothing short of a miracle. So ladies put your trust in a higher being and know that it will happen. If i can have 2 kids on one bad tube then I have faith each and everyone of you can conceive.
What kind of surgery you had,goin threw something
We have decided to have the Laproscopy and the Hysteroscopy done in a few weeks as a result of the HSG test with one open tube and the other not flowing as fast as he may like. I am really nervous, but if this gets me closer to being a mommy I will do whatever it takes. Has anyone had success with these procedures?
Im 24 years old, and ive been trying to have a baby for three years. I finally went to the doctors last yr to find out i have only one working tube. However i have had zero luck getting pregant. and dont know what else could be wrong with me. I believe God has a reason for everything but its very hard after three yrs of trying and watching friends and family having babies, they are so happy, and everyone in my family keeps asking me when im going to have a baby and its hard to explain. I think what is so difficult is that i havent thought about it or tried too hard, so its frustrating when people say dont try so hard or stop thinking about it so much. I just hope God will someday bless me with a healthy baby.
I have faith too, in God and my husband and I both have laid in bed praying night after night to have a baby. and after three years of nothing not even a scare, its hard to think its even possible. I still have some hope and pray all the time.
i need the advice... coz i had twice ectopic pregnant 2half year ago...  can i pregnant again????
I am going crazy thinkibg bout what dr said to me today..NO MORE BABYS last week i had my tub removed due to ectopic pg.this is my 3rd one .so i just have a piece of my left tube where i had the other 2 ectopic .prety much just have one small piece of left  tube that is damaged and no right tube .Anyone that can give me hope please do ..HELP!!!!
My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant on our own for some time now, When I was 16 I have cancer and a tumor around one of my ovaries. So it had to be removed, I have had a lot of scar tissuse bulid up around my other ovary and had to have surgery a few times to remove some of the scar tissue removed. We really want to have a baby but I just do not see it happening, we are going to begin the process of getting help on possibly getting pregnant. It will break my heart if I am not able to.
I had a 4cm cyst on my left ovary removed in 2009, and recently just had my left fallopian tube removed due to the endo spots and plaques that 'infest' it and make it kinda look abnormal. I plan to adopt some children in the future. there are so many children out there that need people to take them in as family and love them.
I had my tubes burned 3yrs ago now Im thinking I might want another child. I was married for 8 yrs now divorced for 2. Is it possible for me to have another child?  If yes what do I do to increase my chances if there is any?
I am 31 yrs old, married for 3 years. My husband and have been trying to have a baby but yet no luck.  On our 3rd year, I had myself checked and my doctor said that my left tube is blocked.  So, my doctor suggested we try fertiIity therapy. I had my first try of fertility therapy but still no luck. Then my husband and I decided to give the therapy some rest and go natural and until now we're still waiting and hoping for our own miracle.  I hope that I can be as lucky as the most of the mom's here.
OMG!!!! ur story is amazing and so inspiring!!! i kno i dont kno u but it brought tears to my eyes!!! it gives me sooo much hope!!! although we r two different ppl i hope to be as lucky and blessed as u have!!! im going thru the same thing!
Hello My name is Nicole. I live in Washington. I am 26 years old. In December of 2010 i have My first Etopic pregnancy.I had to have emergency surgery and i found out i had lost my left tube because it ruptured.This year January 23 2012 I had My second Etopic Pregnancy but they saved my right tube..Now i either get another one which is the most likely thing to happen or after 3 years i finaly get pregnant...Its really hard to think that if i lose my right tube i wont be able to have kids.  
take out a loan to untie your tube and then try intrauterine insemination.
I was 20 yrs old when I  had my first back in 1999, I found out I was pregnant and 3 days later I had to have the baby taken out, I was only 6 weeks, This was back in 2000, My left tube was damaged But he said he did save part of it. My left ovary is still there. So I been trying for yrs n Nothing!! I feel like giving up, My child is now going to be 13 n I still can't get pregnant, I have had the dye done, he said my tubes were working find but I'm not sure because I had part of my tube saved when I lost the baby so how is it working find if it was damaged? But my Right tube N Right N Left Ovaries work fine N still cant get pregnant, I just dnt know what I can do, Im getting to Old to have babies n I feel that I'm never goin to!!
hi
i've been trying to get pregnant for past year... 2011  i had miscarriage which resulted in  tooo ectopic pregnancy...i have one tube am on fertility pills called fertilin for a month in half i hope this  works... it can be depressing at times but i have nine year old daughter.. and dont want her to be an only child
I was told I had two tubes blocked in 2001 ... 2007 I got pregnant with my daughter ... June this year I ha my right ovary & tube removed ... That month I was pregnant ... Unfortunately I lost it at 9+5 when iwnt fora scan ... I did see the baby on the scan at 6 weeks too I couldn't believe it wasn't tubal ...
so you had one baby already ! with blocked tubes treatetments or a surgery

don't worry same thing happens with me, but u can start the TVS that is ovulation study thats helps u....
I had the essure procedure done and the dr.  Missed my right tube and ruptured my uturus..so i got pregnant..had a healthy baby girl. After delivery the doc removed my right tube. So all i have is the left blocked tube. But now im feelibg nauseated..moody...tired and feel bubbles in my belly. Is it possible i could be pregnant??
Ovaries don't necessarily take turns about ovulating, they can, but it can also be more random and one can ovulate several months in a row before the other one has a turn.  I think that people on these kind of sites should be absolutely sure that they know what they are saying is fact, otherwise you could be screwing around with other couples chances of concieving with your own looney toon, made up, unfactual ideas.  THINK BEFORE YOU POST!!!!
I had done HSG.  One of my tube is blocked (Only 1 tube) and we are trying to get pregnant since last 2 moths after the HSG but didn't get pregnant. someone help me, i don't want go for Surgery.
hi rekha...
i am facing the same problem you had face... my left tube is removed due to ectopic pregnancy .. later i did HCG and it said my right tube is also blocked..doc advsd me laproscopy surgery to chk my tube condition n to cure it if possible thru surgery... can you pls help me..
wow! that is an awesome story i guess i to have to have faith & stay positive, I also have a badly damaged tube which is the reason i was told by dr i can not hv kids i do not have the finance for ivf treatment but i would luv to have my own bundle of joy
Hello.. I have 7 children, I started VERY young! (15) after my 7th I KNEW I was SURE and POSITIVE I didn't want anymore!! So I decided to have my tubes tied! (at the time it was right for me) 12 almost 13 years later, I only wondered if a reversal was possible. I did my homework, got hooked up with a fertility specialist... In March2013 I got my reversal... :) I have lots of mixed feelings.. excited and scared at the same time... I'm on my 2nd try the first try I messed up the days.. This month I did everything right!! I'm hoping and praying for the best.. :)
If you are wanting to get a reversal?? I say go for it!!!  :)
it's all out of pocket pay tho...
Your post is what i  really needed to see... I have had 3 Ectopic pregnancies, I lost my Right tube and Overy last month, and i was told Left side was damaged and Blocked and i cant have any more children unless i do IVF, I trust in my God and i Know he will do the impossible for me and my Husband..... In his Prefect timing.
Same problem faceing. Please suggest me.
Hi Dear,

I am 31 and have a 7 yrs old daughter. My right fallopian tube is blocked, and I am ovulating on right side. Is it possible to get pregnant like this ?
People say left ovary will pick the egg from right side, but I am unsure about this setup.
Please suggest.