Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Positive Pregnancy test after early miscarriage

Okay here is the history...
My first day of my real last period was 10/14 that resulted in a pregnancy that didn't take. I had an ultrasound on the 28th because I was cramping and had a brownish discharge... The ultrasound showed that my uturas (sp) was at a normal size and there were no signs of pregnancy... So from there I had to go have my blood drawn to prove that I was pregnant before... there was low level of Hgc (? is that right) in my blood... That was on the 28 and 30 of November.

Today I took a pregnancy test and it came out positive.... Could it still be showing positive from the miscarriage before... or could I really be pregnant all ready???? I think that with my nerves I also pee'd on the test too long.. I will take another one as soon as I need to pee pee again...

Thanks ladies!
Jenn
What were your levels on 11/28 and 11/30?
Unfortunatly I don't know. I didn't ask and they didn't tell me. all she said to me was that I did have low levels that showed a very early misscarriage
I had a similar thing just happen.  I had an early miscarriage at about 4 1/2 weeks.  On the day I started to bleed my Dr. took blood and showed a level of 20 hcg.  One week later my level was below 5.  (I took a pregnancy test that day just out of curiosity to see if it showed that I was still pregnant... it was negative)  Here I am about 4 1/2 weeks past my miscarriage and I am pregnant (took test 4 days ago).  This time I feel pregnant.  Slight cramping and tired.  
I think you probably are pregnant. I wouldn't think that you would still be getting a high enough hcg reading from back in november.  Especially since you said that your pregnancy ended really early too.  That early on, you wouldn't have extremely high levels anyway.  Urine test strips typically test for hcg levels above 20-25 hcg.  Sounds like your levels have increased enough to get a positive reading.  Good luck!
hi, i had kind of the same situation, if i were you i would go to the ER or go in tomorrow and get your blood drawn right away.
I lost a baby earlier this year. I was only 5-7 weeks along.

I then got pregnant at about 2 weeks post m/c.  It only took me a couple of days for my levels to return to 0.  

I am now 32 weeks along with a little girl and have had no complictions.  I will be having my daughter the first week of February.  

Call your doctor Monday morning and set up an appointment.  For me, they did and U/S to confirm how far along I was.  Since I never had a period after my m/c, going by my LMP was not possible.  

Your doctor will be able to do another HCG blood test to let you know if your levels are going up (meaning you are pregnant), or if there is just some HCG left over from before and your levels are still dropping.  

Given how early on you were, I would think that your levels would have dropped off very quickly.  I would think that you are indeed pregnant again.  

Please let us know what you find out.

Take care,

Amanda
The only way you're going to know if you're pregnant or not is to get your hcg #s from nov. 28 &30 to see if they've doubled. If yes, you're pg, if not, then you're not. Good luck on the bfp!!!