Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community
3.67k Members

Pregnancy conception date concern

My fiance and I broke up and she slept with another man between June and September. We got back together and she is now pregnant.

Her last period began august 30th and last had sex with the other man September 8th. We had sex on September 17 and 20th. Her cycle is normally 28 to 32 days. Based on her lms we assumed the baby is mine. However, the abdominal ultrasound dated the age at 5 weeks 5 days, which puts conception at September 4th. This did not add up as I did not think it possible to conceive that early in the cycle. How accurate or inaccurate is the ultrasound at this stage?  Which conception date is correct,  September 4th or September 17th?

She has decided not to keep the baby due to personal reasons. However I'm trying to figure out if this is my child she is removing or the other man's
1 Responses
1456473 tn?1365827455
If she is terminating the baby i would leave this unsolved as you dont want to later regret this as it cant be undone. Unless you get a dna test once baby is born (which wont be done now) you can never be sure. Ultrasounds can be off. If you want to be in a sexual relationship with this lady i would strongly suggest you both use contraception to prevent situations like this. Best of luck
Top Trying to Conceive Answerers
5875562 tn?1410898886
miami, FL
4769306 tn?1568490209
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.