is there a way to concieve twins?

i really want twins i dont know why but after having a m/c in nov i just want two babies i think its wonderul but one is fine lol i just want a baby! Is it true it has to be in the genes to concieve twins i dont think anyone in my family had twins. anyone got answers

STICKY BABY DUST TO ALL OF US!
Hi Steph,

That's nice that you had another baby shower, those are lots of fun:)
So you are nesting, that's a sign the baby is coming soon and I have 4 months and a bit to go.  So far so good, no problems with blood pressure and no other issues...I hope for it to continue that way:)  I am 16 weeks today, my next check up is on coming up Tuesday and on following Tuesday we will find out the baby's gender.
And guess what??? Today for the first time I wore my fat pants...LOL:))
22 lbs that's not that bad, I met people gaining much more then that, for me I don't step on the scale at home, last doctor's visit I only had extra 3 lbs.
I will definitely keep you posted on everything and you do the same thing.
My daughter is so exciting, she tells everyone she will have 2 babies, one for me and one for her LOL:)))
Take care and keep me posted:)
Monique
Hey Monique, That's awesome that your daughter is very excepting of having two babies:) I can tell she's gonna be a great help! Kena is really excited!, she tells everyone she's gonna be a BIG sister and that she going to change all the diapers...time will tell..lol! I had a Dr's apt today and all is well:) just waiting for him to join us. As for the nesting thing..well I think it's gone, cause my house is a disaster...lol!!! My husband is doing a great job with trying to keep things in place but he just doesn't have the woman's touch. So I guess it's safe to say I will be cleaning after I'm done writing you!..LOL!  The good thing is that I have majority of Kai's clothes and things ready:) As for your fat pant's well I'm sure you make them look good!!lol!! I can't wait to get back into my regular jeans, I just hope it doesn't take me long. Have you guys talked about names yet? or are you guys waiting to find out the sex of the babies. Take care and like I always say KEEP ME POSTED!!!!!! I can't wait to hear about your next apt.

Steph
Hi Steph,

I am so happy everything is well with you and Kai.
I remember you mentioned you had blood pressure issue with Kena and how was it this time?  My is just time for now, but when I was expecting Isabella it started at 28th week.
I totally agree with you that men don't have the womans touch as for cleaning, it is the same thing with my husband, but I guess their thought that counts.  I get Isabella to help and she likes it actually and her favorite is to sort laundry and placing it to the washer:)  As for sorting her own toys is another story...LOL
As for the names I have a list of names but nothing for sure just because we don't know what they are.  It is hard to choose 2 names.
For girls I like: Amelia, Emilia (this is Isabella's choice) and Anna
For boys I like: Dominic, Christopher and Adam (that's Isabella's choice)
We like all those but no final decision, I guess it will be easier to choose from these when we know what they are.  At work I've been joking it's Adam and Evah.
Just recently my sister bought this old fashion book for children about having new baby joining the family, and it's nothing about mom carring the baby in her tummy but the stork delivering the baby.  Isabella was so funny because she really got into this story and believed it and for 2 days she was telling people that when it will be summer time a stork will deliver her 2 babies, but just the way she was delivering the story in her own words I thought I would pee my pants laughing so hard.

Well, as always keep me posted on your status and how you are:)

Monique

Hello Monique! You can say that again..men can't clean if there life depended on it...LOL!! but yes it's the thought that counts!! Kena does a pretty good job cleaning up her toys but it can take her all night due to her playing while cleaning process...lol!
My blood pressure has been great!!! the only problem I had was spotting and cramping in my 9th through 16th week. The doctors put me out of work for that time while the spotting subsided. They said my placenta was low. All is good now and it's the waiting game that I'm horrible at playing that's killing me..lol! The weird but great part of all the drama was that the baby had an awesome heart rate during that time and still has an awesome heart rate:) I LOVE your possible name choices, Isabella did a great job of picking names. Kena tell people that her baby brother Kai is going to "crack out" of my tummy..LOL!!!! she see's my stretch marks and she thinks that there going to split open and then he will come out!!! I don't know how to really tell her how babies really come in to this world so for now, I'm just gonna enjoy her telling people that baby Kai  is going to crack out of my belly soon:)  My husband is getting really excited, it makes me happy to see him that way. I hope that his excitement is still there at 3am when the baby is crying...lol!! I guess time will tell. I will for sure keep you posted on whats to come. I can't wait to hear from you take care!!!!!!

Steph
Hi Steph,

It is amazing what children come up with and tell others, I can't wait to see what Isabella will come up with and tell people.  It is so cute what Kena had said:)
So far Isabella is excited with the twins news, and so far she is not jalous and does not show any jalousy of any kind.
I spotted 2-3 times beetween week 7-8 and had a lot of cramps, my dr. said I had them in the area of the incision from the first c-section and that is was normal.  It went away in week 11th.  I was told to lotion my stomach especially in the area of the incision.
This is what I had done while expecting Isabella and this time I do it too.  Every bath I take I put some mineral oil and use a cocoa butter, body butter, it work reall well and I hope for same result this time.  I had no single strech mark.  I am so glad and happy you had no problem with your blood pressure and everything is going smooth and well and you're almost at the end of the awaiting period.
Tomorrow I have my follow up with my dr.  I feel great no problems but my heart is still beating quite high.  It's between 85-115 per minute, I can deal with it, but sometimes when I go down in my bed I can just feel pounding and that's what makes me feel nervous because it's hard to fall asleep.  I've been focusing on my breathing during the time but the pounding is sometimes so sronger then me focusing on my breaths.
I have to talk to my dr. about that tomorrow.  Other then that everything is well.
I can't wait till next Tuesday to find out the sex of the babies:)
I will keep you posted and as always you do the same:)

Take care and talk to you soon,
Monique
Hello Monique, How lucky you are to not get any stretch marks!!!! mine are light but I got some new one with this pregnancy....***** for me! I also use cocoa butter, if it wasn't for that It would probably be worse lol. I remembered you saying a sign of having twins was a fast heart rate, I really hope it wont effect you to much. The only thing I could really say is to definitely tell your doctor and take your time doing things!! I hate to tell you this cause I know you hear it all the time but IT'S ALL FOR A GREAT CAUSE.....LOL!!!! the end result is going to be amazing!!! I'm starting to have contractions but there not consistent, so I'm really hoping that my "D day" is right around the corner. I'm really excited to hear what your having!!!!!!!! I think your going to have one of each!!??!! I know It really doesn't matter as long as there healthy!!! Anyways KEEP ME POSTED and good luck with your next Dr's apt!! Talk to you soon!!

Steph  
Hi Steph,

Wow, some contractions already, I wish you all the best and hopefully soon baby Kai will be together with his family:))  I am so excited for you:)  I will keep my fingers crossed for everything to go well:)
As for my heart beat, yes it is a part of having twins but I read somewhere here that once you pass 3 months is should go back to normal.  So I can't wait to talk to my dr. tomorrow about that.  I took some time off work just to relax and see the difference.  So now I'm at home for 2 weeks.  Today I also have this sharp head ache and already had to take the tylenol twice because I couldn't cope with it.
I just can't wait to have them..LOL .... but it is still a while....4 months and a bit lol;)
It doesn't matter what I have just like you said as long as they are healthy and well,  I had a dream one night it was a boy and a girl and that's what Isabella is saying that we're having one of each, so next week we'll be confirmed.  And my mom thinks it's 2 girls.
And definitely it's all  for a great cause:)

Take care and keep me posted and I will do the same:)
Good Luck!! :)

Monique
Hey Monique, Man I really hope your headaches subside soon. Is the Tylenol working on your headaches? Luckily enough headaches haven't even  been a factor for me but nausea was horrible for me!!!! Thank god I'm pass that. Have you had morning sickness with this pregnancy? It's always good to take time off for yourself, having two weeks off of work can make a world of difference!!!
    I can't believe how time fly's! I keep telling my self I'm gonna have two kids to take care of and Kena being four years old I really hope everything comes back to me on how to be a mom to an infant. I could just imagine how excited your gonna be with your daughter and TWO infants!!! Kalani (my husband) keeps telling me that you never forget how to do something and to be patient and it will all come back to me..lol!! we will see!!!! I know Iv said this before but I'm really excited for you and I can't wait to hear what your being blesses with!!!!!!!! I don't want to sound weird but do you have a Myspace or something so you can see pictures? If not it's okay!! Anyways keep me posted with the great news!!!!! Take care and talk to you soon!!!!!!

Steph
Hi Steph,

Your, husband is so right you never forget the infant care skills and motherhood skills, you are an amazing mom and you will just continue your wonderful job being an amazing super mom:)
My dr. appoitment went well,  everything is great.  The baby on my right side is a very active baby, it took the dr. a while before he was able to find the heart beat because "B" was just kicking and moving arond so much...LOL and "A" is just so calm and cooperative..LOL:)))
My headaches are getting better and soon they should be gone.
I never had the morning sickness, but instead I had the afternoon nausea, but not so bad that would make me throw up.  With that nausea I just felt very sleepy.  So I was lucky with feeling this way.
By the time I would be back from work I would feel that, so at work was just fine.  As for the heart beat the dr. said it's not bad and feeling this way at night it's just me, because I keep on checking and thinking about it.  But when he checked it was at 79 per min.
And how is your sister, is she having twins?  I just remembered you said a while back that she is expecting too.  How is everything for her?
How are your contractions?

As always keep me posted and good luck:)

Monique

Hi Monique, That's awesome that your pregnancy's have had little or no morning sickness...LUCKY GIRL!!!!! I'm so happy I'm done with that!! That's an awesome feeling to know that both of your babies are doing great!!! My sister had a miscarriage at her 8th week, I don't ever want to experiences that. She is a strong person and shortly after that, her and her husband tried again and now she 17 weeks pregnant with a little girl:)
My husband is really good at making me feel better ( I have to give him some credit.lol) I know that everything will comeback to me, I just have my moments..lol!!! As for my contraction I get them here and there but nothing consistent, My mother- in-law is a delivery nurse so she has given me a few pointers on what to do to get them started:) as of tomorrow I will be 37 weeks so you can bet your buck I will do what I gotta do to have little Kai here.....BUT with my luck....Nothing will work and I will have an April baby..LOL!!!!!!!!!! After reading your last message, I think baby B is a boy and baby A is a girl. It's unfortunate that I'm no doctor or have ex ray vision but it's fun guessing what your going to have!!!!!! I will keep you posted. Take care and hope to hear from you soon!!

Steph
Hey Steph,

How are you?   So as of tomorrow you will begin your mother in law tips....what are they?
I am so curious, I have heard different things to have your baby faster so I really wonder if they are what your mother in law suggested.
I am starting to have this feeling that I have a boy and a girl, that would be so awsome that way.  (...easy to tell them apart LOL)
You are so right it is so much fun guessing the sex of the babies.  My friend at work did this thing with my wedding band on a thread above my hand.  And a circle is for a girl and a streight line for a boy (the line swings in perfect line motion).  You keep the wedding band really still above your hand, then 3 times you take it up and down but don't touch your hand then stop....you will see the wedding band move in a circle or in a streight line.   And when she did it first I got a perfect big cirle moving all aroung my hand then a big line.  My mother in law told me to remember babys first kick and depending which side.  But I can't remember which side is for wich gender, I have to call her and ask her.
So your little Kai will have a little cousin same age, that is so nice, my twins will just have each other.  Isabella has cousins her age but they are in Spain.
When is your sister's due date, I think she is about the same time as me, I'm 17 weeks today.   Time really goes by so fast, I can't believe that.  Does your sister has a name picked out already?  

Take good care of yourself and keep me posted:)

Monique:)
Hello P, My husband came home today from work and I told him everything what his mom said, he laughed!!!!! She just told me the basics like walking, sex and the one that made me laugh was the nipple stimulation. To be honest I wont be trying that one on my own...lol!!! It's all for good fun, I don't even know if it will work. As for my sister shes due July 24th so she's almost 20 weeks sorry I was off by a week and some days. It is a good feeling that our babies will be close in age but she lives in northern California. The baby's name will be Joslyn Taylor. I have heard of that ring test before but never tried it, If it's right then I'm gonna be mad at myself cause I payed to have 4d pictures done to "confirm" my baby's gender...I'm sure the ring test didn't cost you $100 dollars....lol!!!!! so what I'm saying is that if we have another baby I wont pay to have a 4d done I'll just do the ring test:)  
Do you guys go to Spain to visit your family? how awesome is it to have family in such a beautiful place!!!! 5 more days till your big day!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear what god has blessed you with!!!! I wanna say thanks for being a good person to talk to and for putting up with my cheezy questions...lol! anyways Take care and like always keep me posted!!!!

Steph
Yawn,,, so in a nutshell, you guys, what IS the way to conceive twins? Any conclusions?
I am pregnant for twins, and it does not run in my family. after I spoke with my doctor about it we have come to believe, and after researching it on the internet, that I got pregnant for twins because I slept with more than one man when I was ovulating, wich raises the chance for twins. it is concedered some thing like ferternal twins, because they have two diferent fathers. hope this helps. holly
Hi Steph,

What cheezy questions? There is never a cheezy question to ask, everyday we learn or find out someting we didn't know, so don't say your questions were cheezy.  
As to what your mother in law said to you, on top of it I heard a hot bath will speed up your labour too and just after the bath sex and apperantly that will really speed up the whole process.  i never heard the nipple stimulation will do that too... see everyday we learn something new:)
I know 5 more day to find out what we are having....I can't wait.
That is a good idea to have the 4d pictures done, I am debating on that one.
That is a nice name your sister picked for her daughter.  Are you going to use a middle name too, we're just doing one name.
Spain is nice and we used to go every year before we had our daughter, then when Isabella came, we didn't go the first year but once she turned 2 years we started going back every year and a half.  I don't know how it's going to be now with the twins.  It is so easy doing things with one child but I'm not sure how it will be with 3.  We told my husbands family that they will have to come now :)
And it is the same going to France to visit my side of the family, when we go to Spain we stop by in France as well.  So trips because of that are always longer and on our way we try to visit a new place, just for fun.  
I thank you too for being a wonderful person to talk to and putting up with me:)
Again, take care and keep me poseted:)

Monique:)
Hello Monique, That's so awesome to be able to travel especially to Spain and France!! I have to agree with you when you say it's going to be a little harder with three kids BUT who wouldn't be up for the challenge:) As for the nipple stimulation my mom in law swears by  that, she says it helps release some type of hormone sorry I don't remember which one. I know that you can look it up on the internet. We will be giving my son my husbands middle name. I know you say your waiting to find out what your having first but do you have names picked out yet? I had some really big contractions today but as always nothing consistent:( the only good thing about the contractions (when I get them is) my body is preparing it self!..so may be in a week or two he will be here!!!! and if not then theirs something really wrong with me...lol!!!! I can't wait to hear what your having!!!!! Is your daughter joining you and your husband to find out what your being blessed with? I was upset to find out I couldn't bring Kena!! cause the "rooms were to small" but it was nice telling her while eating ice cream:) Anyways Thanks for being my pen pal..lol! it's always good to talk to someone who is and has gone through life's special experiences! Can't wait to hear the news and take care!! Talk to you soon!!

Steph      
Hey Steph,

So we had a wonderful morning (this morning) it was long before the technitian told us but now we know.  I'll begin telling you, that you were right...we are having a Boy and Girl.  We are so super exciting about this wonderful news.  Isabella was not allowed in the room ust as Kena, for the same reason because the room was small.   It took over an hour to do the detailed ultra sound, and just at the end of it my husband was able to join in.  So of course I was the first one to know what they are.  When he came into the room the nice technician lady asked him what his thoughts were before she told him.  It was really a great experience and lots of fun.  After the appoitment we went out for lunch and came home.  Got Isabella and went out to the Rainforest Cafe for desert and ice cream and we told Isabella, she was very happy.
I am just so speechless and so excited that I don't know what to say.
But I am so happy everything is well with both babies and they are healthy.
You are so lucky to be almost at the finish line and everything is well with you too.
As always I thank you for being a great pen pal and keep me posted on your status:)

Take care and talk to you soon,
Monique
Hey Monique, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG!!! that's so awesome!!! Something told me that you were going to have one of each. How did your husband react with finding out he was going to have a little boy and a little sister for Isabella? I really wish that our kids could be present for things like an ultrasound, because I think it helps them see that there really is a baby brother or sister in mommy's tummy. In the beginning Kena didn't have much understanding that I was having a baby but as time went on she notice my big belly. So i guess I'm just saying, it would have been really cool for Kena to share that experience with us.
So is it safe to ask what the babies name are going to be????? do you have a bedroom theme picked out for both genders? WOW I'm thinking of all the fun shopping you get to do!!!!!! I'm so jealous!!!! I went shopping today and I have seen so many beautiful/cute girl clothes! as for boy well if you look hard you might get lucky and find something you really like....lol! Believe me I struggle buying boy clothes but I do get lucky:). I'm so happy for you and your family! I pray that the rest of your pregnancy go's really smooth and both babies come out kicking and screaming so another words HEALTHY...lol! I look forward to hearing from you Take care and I will talk to you soon!!

Steph
Hi Steph,

Thanl you:)

My husband was very happy to hear that we are having one of each.
Shopping will definitely be lots of fun, I already saw a lot of cute little outfits for little boys and girls.  Althought I have tones of cute outfits left over from having Isabella.  I had so much for her that some of them Isabella didn't have a chance to wear it once.  
But still I will definitely but more:)
I have no ideas as for theme for both boy and a girl.  As they will share a room for now.
Pottery  Barn  Kids has a lot of cute  beddings, that where I got the nice theme for Isabella's bedroom.  
For the names  we started looking for names and Isabella wants Ava for a baby girl and Adam for the boy.  So for now that's what it is unless something else will come up.
Roberto (my husband) is so exciting he called Spain and all morning the phone was ringing off the hook.  My in laws are shopping today for baby thnings and will be sanding it to us.  Mom in law said the package should get to us by Easter.  So untill I get  their staff I'll be waiting with shopping for things.
Yes, you are so right children should be able to experience the wonderful news together with parents finding out the sex of the baby.  Isabella was so interested looking at the print out pictures.  She even slept with it  last night:)
Keep me posted on how you are doing and thank you for sharing the wonderful news with me:)

Monique
Hello Monique, I love the name Ava! my niece is named Ava Jordan and I came up with it..lol!!! I helped my twin sister name her. Apparently after having 2 kids she couldn't think of any names so she asked for my help. the best thing for you is that you have your Adam and Ava:) and no matter what, when big sister Isabella is at school they will always have someone to play with. I'm so happy for you!!! All is well with me, I'm having contraction and they are getting stronger BUT not consistent. I had a doctors apt yesterday my cervix are softening and I have dilated to two. My OB told me I could stay like that for another week (I wanted to cry when she said that)..lol!
   I love Pottery Barn!! I bought my rocking chair from their and I still have it!! I did a firefighter theme for Kai's room but I had to be really creative cause I really couldn't find much wall decor. If you have any trouble finding children' s wall decor  check out Arts.com and click on children, the options are endless depending on what you want. That's so cute that Isabella slept the picture:) I can tell she's going to be a great big sister! I hope all is well and you now know to keep me posted...lol! So I can't wait to hear from you!!! Talk to you soon.

Steph  
Thank you :) We both like the both names.  I just can't wait to the finish line.
As for the bedroom for the twins  I don't know because they will share one room for now and I am looking for neutral setting and decor for both to fit.  Isablella had the princess theme from Pottery Barn, and I could still use the princess bedding I had for her but there is nothing like prince stuff to match with that one I already have.
Isabella picked the Penelope style from Pottery barn for her big room it has little birds and her big room I just love.
I need to really look around and figure something out as I'm still able to do it on my own without anybodys help.  i love decorating  in the house on my own..how selfish of me to say it but I'm honest lol:))
I hope you have an easy labour and a fast one.  At least you are starting the process of labour and me,  I still have 3.5 months to go.
Isabella is sick this weekend so we are just hanging in our house.  She has fever and stuffy nose and a cough.  I hope she will get over it fast because I don't want to catch what she has.
Have a nice weekend and talk to you soon:)

Monique
Hello! wow only 3.5 to go!!! man time fly's:) Sorry for not writing back sooner but I have been staying with my mother in law's place when Kalani goes to work and her computer is very slow!!!!! So here I am...lol! back at home!! My contractions are getting way stronger to the point to were I hold my breath BUT like always not consistent but they are lasting a lot longer. I have lost all my patients and I just want him out..lol! I really hope Isabella get better soon! I would hate for you to get sick. I always tell people that my husband is ten times worse then my daughter when hes sick..lol! Do you have a pottery barn outlet? we have one but it doesn't have a lot of baby stuff well at the time I went id didn't anyways I haven't been in a while. I think your a smart woman for trying to get the babies room decorated before you can't!!! because then you have less people telling you were to hang things and were to put things..lol!!!!!!! again your a SMART WOMAN!!!!! Keep me posted with everything!!! I hope Isabella gets better soon! Take care and like always talk to you soon!!!!

Steph
Hey Steph,

I can't believe about your contractions, but soon you'll be over with labor:)
Isabella got worse we went back to see the pediatitian today.  Her fever won't go down and the first meds for her caugh did not work a nd she seemed worse.  She is now on 3  different puffers  even she's not asthmatic, antibiotics as she developed infection from being inflamed and other some kind of liquid for the inflamation, and advil for fever.
I can't wait for her to get better because we can't go any where.  She isn't so bad when she's sick, she sleeps a lot but has a awful apettite.
I don't have  the  pottery barn outlet that's too bad.  They have a lot nice things that I really like.  Now I am searching for something to match with what I already have from Isabella's princess/fairy theme.  If worst come to worst I will just get something very neutral and just focus on the decor in the room.
Nothing new with me for now same old.
Good luck with everything and I hope soon baby Kai will come:)

Monique
Hello Monique, I really hope Isabella is doing a lot better!!! Sorry it's been a week But I had Kai on March 20th at 9:47am!!!!! he weighed 6lbs and 12oz and he was 20.25 inches long. Everything went really fast when he came out the umbilical cord was wrapped really tight around his neck so the doctor cut it, my husband was a little bummed but understood. Hes so cute and he looks just like his dad:)
  How are you doing? have you felt the babies move yet? I still can't believe that your having two beautiful babies!!!! How exciting! The good thing about room decor is they have a lot of neutral baby stuff now day and extremely cute might I add:) Kena is a little sick but nothing to serious just a little cold. I just hate having to keep her a way from her little brother. Kena is doing so great with him and she' s such a great BIG sister!!!! Please keep me posted with everything!! Take care and I can't wait to hear from you!!!

Steph
HI,

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I honestly thought you had your baby Kai, but then I was busy and had no chance to check if you wrote anything or not.
i am so happy, you have him already:)  and I am so glad everything went well.  That was a nice size to do it naturally too.
It's too bad bad Kena has  a cold, it seemes like the viruses are still around.  Isabella still has the puffers, but she seems much better, and she is on one doze a day less.
I am well and the babies are well too, I am 20 weeks today:)   Still a long way to go.   But looking back you were just working on it and you already have baby Kai, so I hope for the rest of the time to go fast for me too:)))) LOL
how is Kai  with feedings at night? Is he a good sleeper?
And of course how are you? Was it a long labour?  Did you take epidural?

Keep me posted on everything, and I hope Kena will get better soon:)
Take care,

Monique
Hello Monique, Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!! I still can't believe hes here, Kena is wonderful she helps me with everything. Kai is a great eater and as of right know hes also a great sleeper...lol! He eats about every 3 hours so right know he does a great job through out the night....I really hopes it stays that way!
  CONGRATS on 20 weeks!! that's awesome your half way there! before you know it both babies will be here:) I'm happy to hear that Isabella is doing better, As for Kena I'm starting to think that maybe she has allergies but I'm no doctor..lol! we will see, she has a doctors apt on Saturday for her 4yr check up.
  Have you guys changed your minds on the babies names or is it still the same? Just asking because Kalani and I changed Kai's name a good couple of times. Anyway like always keep me posted!!! take care and I can't wait to hear from you.  

Steph
Hi Steph,
How did the dr. appoitment went with Kena?  Isabella is still on her puffers starting today only twice a day (morning and night) I can't wait to have off of them, it's a big pain and she doesn't like them and it's a big battle to give it to her properly.  She screams and says they stink, :))))
I am so happy that your little boy is doing well and he is a great eater and sleeper, I'm sure it will stay that way.  As in the beggining it takes a little time for them to get into a routine.  I find girls are great helpers with tiny babies:)  
As for the names it seems as we agreed on Adam and Ava and that's what Isabella and my husband is reffering to them, so as for now no changes and that's what they are:)
And I must say I really like these names.   But who knows just like you said you changed few times before he came.  We had the same thing when we were awaiting for Isabella.  We started with Isabella then we were thinking of something else but everytime we would go back to Isabella :))
My next follow up with my dr. and next u/s is on April 7th, that's next week on Tuesday, I can't wait.
And as always keep me posted and I will do the same:)
Take care:)

Monique
Hello Monique, I have to agree with you on the names Adam and Ava, those two names are beautiful!!!! and I'm sure those names will fit each baby perfectly:) I really hope Isabella gets better to the point to were she doesn't have to use the puffer.
i believe her when she says they stink because Iv had my own encounter with the puffers...lol!
Kai is doing really well, hes eating a lot more and getting bigger with each day that goes by. My husband and i were laughing the other day cause we left to my in laws and forgot his diaper bag!!! I guess you could say were still adjusting to having a little  one around, the good thing is that I'm breastfeeding so feeding him wasn't a problem we just had to make a extra stop and buy diapers and an extra outfit.
  How are you doing, have you had any sickness yet? ( I hope that you don't). have you felt the babies move yet? and are you getting a lot bigger at this time then when you were pregnant with Isabella? Good luck with your next apt! I can't wait to hear from you!!!

Steph
Hi Steph,

That's so funny when you said you left Kai diaper bag, when we had Isabella that happened to us a lot when we were visiting my parents, except they live 10 houses down the street.  Few minutes after coming home my parents were back with the bag...LOL:)
I am so happy Kai is growing well and everything is well:)
I am ok, no sikness at all, I was the same way with Isabella, as for my size I must say I am carring diffeent.  With Isabella I was more round and now I am more out front.  The docotr told me at the last visit that according to the last U/S the babies were according to the weeks in size and my stomach was the size of the  weeks with single baby.  He said it's babies and nothing extra on me:)))  So that was nice to hear, especially because I have been eating like a pig recently:))) LOL
My next visit I have on April 7th and also an u/s that morning before seeing the doctor.  
Yes, we really like the names Adam and Ava ( my mom told me my great gradfather was Adam and so was my husbads grandfather, so that's nice.  Ava will be first in both sides of the families)
Isabella is much better, we had another follow up this morning, and now she's down to only orange puffer 2 times a day.  She says the blue one smells....:)) and next Wednesday another follow up with her and hopefully no more puffers for Easter:)

As always take care and keep me posted:)

Monique
HI Monique, I'm sure you look great pregnant with twins!!!!! as for eating like a pig I'm positive Adam and Ava love you for that!!!..lol!!! the problem I have is that i can't stop eating like a pig since i had Kai...lol. I'm really happy to hear that Isabella is down to one puffer. I almost forgot to grab Kai's bag again BUT my husband asked if i had packed some extra socks for him and when he said that it rang a bell so I ran back in to the house and grabbed it..lol! ever since then I would like to say I have been really good about the diaper bag thing!!
How exciting to have another ultrasound.....I miss those days!!!!!  are you able to tell which baby is more active with the ultrasound? I think it's really neat that Adam is named after your great grandfather and way to start the trend with the name Ava!!!
I'm looking forward to Easter cause it will be Kai's first Easter, he wont remember anything but it will be fun lol! What do you and your family have planned for Easter?  I hope all is well! have fun at you next doctors appointment!!!  And like always keep me posted!! take care and talk to you soon!!!

Steph
Hi Steph,

I think when you're nursing it's just the same as the pregnancy eating, because you have to produce the milk, I was the same way with Isabella.  Don't worry I'm sure you look beautiful:)
I can't wait to have my u/s done tomorrow (one a month) yes they can tell and even my dr. tells me the same that when he tries to look for the heart beat the Ava is more active and she tends to move away and it is the same with u/s it took longer the last time and the time before because she moves away.  But as for their movements I feel stronger movements from Adam and I feel him more then Ava (so go figure)
For Easter we go to church on Good Friday and Easter Sunday mass then we have a family dinner.  We don't really do anything major, just because it's just us, my parents and my sister with her hubby (they  have no kids so it's just Isabella)
I will definitely keep you posted how tomorrows appoitments go.
Take care and stay healthy,

Monique
Hi Steph,
yesterdays appoitments went well, babies are doing great.  They're both healthy and I'm feeling well too.  This is my last week of work, apperantly when having twins and being at High Risk they only let you work till 22 weeks.  So yesterday I got my dr's note:)
My boss at work was very surprised, because I don't complain about anything and also
this week is a short week too.  Kind of short notice and shock for everyone.
But I have to do what's more importatnt for the best health of my babies and my right now.  I have 15 more weeks to go, as 3 weeks before the due day I will have my c-section (that's because my doctor is taking some holidays closer to my due date and I really want him to do it.
So that's what's new with us:)

Take care and have a wodnerful Easter!!!!!
Monique
Hello!!! I'm happy to hear that your babies are doing great!!!!!!!!!!! I have to agree with the doctor on why they choose to take woman off of work early when pregnant with twins, just because you never know what can happen. The good thing is know you can get ready for your babies to come and not have to worry about work the next day:)
I'm sure your job will miss you BUT not as much as you will miss them...lol!!! Glad to hear your doing great. I have to say how lucky your are to have your doctor schedule your due date before he leaves on vacation so he can do it!! I have a friend who had a similar situation with the doc leaving but she had to have a C section done by a doctor she never met. Enjoy your time off and keep me posted:) Take care!!!!!! Talk to you soon!!

Steph

How was your Easter? I hope you had lots of fun:)
Ours was nice just with the family and as always went by fast.
I am so happy I am off work even though I love my job, I won't miss them...LOL
It's my time to relax and enjoy the rest of the pregnency and then the new babies:)
As for the due date for the c-section it will be around my husbands birthday and he's suggesting to have them on his b-day.  So this is something we will bring up to the doctor next week on my appoitment:) I was born on my dad's b-day, and Roberto thinks it will be cute to have them on his day.  
Isabella is off the puffers and is doing well too.
And how are things with you? How are you feeling, are things back to normal with you after giving birth?
Keep me posted as always:)
Monique
Hello!!! HAPPY BELATED EASTER!! My Easter was good, Kena had loads of fun so that's all that mattered to my husband and I.  Easter did go by super fast but for some funny reason Kena still can get me to hide plastic eggs for her..lol!  That's an awesome Idea to have your babies on your husband birthday!!! you can never give a better gift to your husband:)
I'm doing really good! Kai is awesome, I'm still trying to adjust having two kids when I'm out and about but Kena is such a good help that it's not as stressful as I thought it was going to be. The only thing I have trouble with is having to stop everything while I'm out shopping to feed him. The good thing is that once hes fed hes out like a lite and I can shop away lol!  Kai had his two weeks apt a few days ago and he weighs 8lbs 6oz!!! my little chunky monkey. Hows the belly coming along???? do you get tired really fast because your carrying two? I'm really happy to hear that Isabella is completely of the puffer!! I bet she's more excited then anyone:) Anyways good luck with your next apt!!! and Keep me posted!!!!!!! Take care and Talk to you soon!!!!

Steph
Hi Steph,

I am so happy everything is well with you and the children.
He is really growing:)
My belly is coming out nicely, it's all babies, the size of my belly is as been 4 months expecting one baby.  But babies are bigger then should be for the weeks I am.  But everything is well.  But, yes I do start getting tired faster, especially walking up and down the stairs I go breathless (like an old woman..LOL)
I try not to go shopping alone but to have someone with me.  Roberto is really good shopping on his way home form work so I don't have to lift lots of bags with heavy items.
I just take my time and being careful.
Next Tuesday is my next appoitment and so we will talk about the due date:)))
Everything else is fine and fun being at home:)

Keep me posted and talk to you soon,
Monique
Hi Monique, I'm not pregnant anymore and I still get tired going up and down the stairs...LOL!!!!  It's always nice when our husbands help out:) Kalani folded our laundry while I fed Kai he actually did a really good job! I told him  that, that was going to be his new chore...lol!! I'm glad your enjoying your time off, is Isabella loving you being home? I have feeling your going to get really big at the end your pregnancy and I'm sure your going to look great.  I can't wait to hear about your next apt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck and take care. Talk to you soon!

Steph
Hi Steph,

I have to totally  agree with you, husbands are great in helping around the house.  Roberto is great too, he does the laundry too recently from start to folding and even ironing ... which I hate especially his dress shirts.....
Isabelle likes to help with laundry, she likes to take it out of the dryer and passes to you to fold.  So she has a new partner for that chore:)))
She is so excited with me being home, we do so much together.  This week my dad is off work so he whenever he's off my parents like to take Isabella out places so I will have some extra time just for m self.  I planned few things: manicure and pedicure, and check the pottery barn and pick few thigs I have in mind and I like to do few things in the new nursery room....just my way with noone in the way...LOL:)))
So tomorrow we have my dr. appoitment and we'll ask for the actual day for the c-section.  Roberto really wants to be on his b-day.  (3 celebrations in 1 day and be done!:))))
I will definitely let you know how it went and you keep me posted too:)
Take care,
Monique
Hey Monique, How awesome would that be to celebrate 3 birthdays in one day!! it would be one big party bash!!! and not to mention three different cakes...LUCKY!
It's always great to have family around especially when they help with our kids, i never realize what i can do for myself when I'm by myself, for example a message and a facial. I do have to be a little honest when I do have a little time by myself I catch myself shopping and thinking about my kids...lol!
Have you picked out a theme for Ava and Adams room yet? I have been really busy with Kai, I had forgotten how often baby's eat so every time I think I have free time to get on the computer to write you hes attached to me..lol. I'm feeding him right now but I'm doing really good typing with one hand:) So i apologize for not writing you back right away! I don't want you to think I'm ignoring you. Now that I know I can type with one hand I will make a better/faster effort to write back sooner. How is Isabella doing? Kena  just finished basketball camp she had a blast, I'm going to put her in soccer but she doesn't know it yet..lol! so I guess I should tell her huh! Anyways I can't wait to hear how your apt went!! Keep me posted! Talk to you soon:)

Steph
Hi Steph,
No problem to tell you the truth with the weather being so nice, I haven't been checking my mail as much either, so no worry, and Kai is more important than anything else.
The dr. appoitment went well and the scheduled c-section will be after Robertos b-day as the dr. wants to keep then in as long as possible but then with having twins you never know they might be earlier then expected.  So then they may come close to his b-day or may be on his day:))) LOL
As for the theme I haven't decided yet, as I want to use Isabellas fairy theme for Ava as it is in a brand new condition and I am just having a hard time to match something to that for Adam.   I was going to visit the Pottery Barn but I had no time so I'm not sure yet .
Isabella goes to gymnastics and dance and she wants to play tennis but she too young and we are having a difficult time to convince her so she can understand that.  She has been trying to use my rocket but its big and she is getting trustrated...LOL
But when this term ends with gymnastics and dance we'll give her a little break till september.  In the summer time Roberto will be taking lots of time off work so they will be going swimming a lot as last summer Isabella was not interested in swimming and this year she seems ready for that.
But as always keep in touch,
Monique
Hello! man it sounds like Isabella is a busy girl..lol! I just signed up Kena for T ball. I'm really hoping she likes it and doesn't get bored I guess time will tell. How funny would that be if baby Ava and Adam come on their dads birthday despite what the doctor says, it just goes to show that no matter how small they are no one can tell them what to do! How are you doing? are you finding your self lost, I remember when I first got off work it seemed like it took a few weeks to get in the groove of things, I have a feeling that I will be completely lost when I go back to work because I've gotten use to being at home lol! As for theme's maybe you can do something like a "prince" and fairy and somehow intertwine them together.  Or you can paint the room a mutual color but decorate each side of the room differently. Anyways I hope your doing great and like always keep in touch! Talk to you soon!

Steph
Hi Steph,

So far so good, everything is well with the three of us:)
Last weekend we painted the new nursery room and what we did we painted each wall a different soft colour, one is pink, one blue, one creamy and on one wall we had Roberto's friend who is an artist he painted a beautiful wall window thing with a georgous characters, fairies and little prince, ponnies and nature.   Of course we had to do something new with Isabella's room too, so he painted one wall with a nature view, and some ladybugs which she loves.  It looks really nice and original.
The bedding for Ava will be Isabella's fairies and for Adam I found at the fabric store a georgous prince print and this lady I know at the dry cleaners that does the repairs is working on bedding for Adam.  It should be ready by next week Friday.
You're right the first 2 weeks it felt weird being at home althought sometimes I worked from home.  But we made it busy everyday so I didn't feel it that way all the way but in a way it felt I was lost because of the different routine of the day.
I can't wait to see the babies and be done with.... Lest then 3 months to go:)))
And how are Kena and Kai? And of course You?

As always keep me posted and keep in touch,
Monique
Hello, I'm glad you and both babies are doing great but most importantly healthy. I can't believe how time fly's less then three moths to go!!! HOW EXCITING!!!! Did the doctor tell you what each babies weighs? Isn't it funny how things work out one minute you have no idea what to do with the babies rooms and the next it's almost done:) The good thing about having Adams bed set be done by someone is that no one will have it. I bet Isabella was happy to have her room done also. Kalani took Kena to a Padres baseball game and Kai is hanging out with me today, not much going on just getting ready to go back to work. I'm having a little trouble  with leaving my 6 week old baby home, but I'm hoping I'll get through it!!.  Kalani and I are looking into buying a bigger car right know, so I'm going back and forth on getting a van or a SUV do you have a preference? my husband wants me to choose but I'm probably going to get the one with better gas and more seating so most likely a Toyota sienna.  What ever the car I get as long as we all fit comfortable and have room for a stroller plus groceries....lol!!! Anyways keep me posted with baby news, Take care and Talk to you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steph
Hi Steph,

Yes, it is so amazing that one moment I had no idea as for the new room and the next thing you know it is all done and almost ready.
Yes, I forgot to let you know the babies weight: Adam is 724 grams and Ava is 747 grams.
As for the new vehicle 2 years ago we bought a brand new Honda Odyssey and I couldn't be more satisfied with it.  It's very roomy and good on gas.
So you are already going back to work already? Wow that's so soon.  How long is your mat leave where you are?
Good luck with choosing a new vehicle it will be fun too choosing it:)

Take care,
Monique
Hello,  Your little girl is huge compared to your little boy...lol! your almost done:) Kai keeps me busy he such a joy it's so different having  boy! I definitely got my  momma's boy! I still haven't bought a new car yet, I'm also looking at the Odyssey. I went back to work on Monday, I still have six weeks bonding leave but I have up to a year to take it. So i will be taking that in the next couple of months. My hours were cut at work so I'm not working long hours...thank god. I work Mon- Fri  and put in 6 hours in a day, not to bad. How are you and Isabella doing? I hope all is well with you and your family!!! Keep me posted!! talk to you soon!!!

Steph
Hi Steph,

Everything is well, I had my appoitment today and also an U/S and everything looks well.
My little boy is smaller that my little girl because with twins the baby on the right side is considered to be on top of the baby on the left side and that's why my boy is a little smaller, but the dr. was telling me today that doesn't mean anything, usually the smaller baby catches up faster....we'll see, as long as they are healthy it all matters.
My feet started swelling up but no pains and aches:))
Sleeping is getting uncomfortable, I had to buy the wedge pillow to put under my stomach as I sleep because it was so not comfortable.
I have few more weeks to go and I hope to last those 9 more weeks:))
Isabella is doing well and she can't wait for the twins to arrive.
I am so happy everything is well with you and your family.
I must be so hard leaving a little baby behind while going back to work for couple of hours?  I know I had  a hard time leaving after a year of mat leave with Isabella.
Good luck shoppng for a new car:)

Monique
Hello! I'm really sorry I didn't forget about you. I tried to write back a few time but it wouldn't let me...It said it was under construction! Anyways I hope all is well!! Kai is getting really big, his last doctors apt he weighed 13lbs! Kena is doing great she will be starting soccer in the fall! How is Baby Adam and Ava doing? I really hope to hear from you soon!

Steph
Hello all, I just found i am pregnant with twins. I am a twin myself. I didn't know twin can get twins. I thought they skip a generation too. But its God's doing that this has happened. I'm still in shock. My twin is pregnant (only 10 days apart from me) but she has only one. This is my second. I have a 6 year old. Now, i have PCOS so my doctor put me on Clomid 100mg to ovulate. Also, unknowingly, i had lots of sweet potatoes for a month before conception. Just to learn when i conceived that yams and sweet potatoes act the same as fertility drugs. I have lots of milk, exercise regularly and eat healthy. The most effective is prayers! I am very lucky and wish the twins are safe and born healthy. In my family (both sides) with have about 6 twins. i am 34. So maybe the combination of all age, genes, diet, fertility and prayers was the secret. All the best to those trying. Baby dust!!!..:)
Fertility drugs or ivf if u can't conceive. Lol hope uu get your twins.
My Husband and i are both fraternal twins what are my chances of having twins?? we had a baby in actober last year and are planning to start trying again in may!!