Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

welcome girls!!!

hi girls, this is our new private forum!  i have been talking with harry from medhelp and he says that this is a semi private forum just for us to chat!!!  so, whenever you have any updates, post a question and we can start a conversation about it.  this will keep the chats shorter so it won't be as hard/long for us to open!  also, for those of you that don't have profiles set up, you can do that to and we can message eachother personally.  you can also add pictures, journals, etc.  

when i say semi private, that means that people can still find us if they come upon us thru a search engine, otherwise, i will be just us!  this is exciting!  i hope all is well with everyone!!!  
Hi!!!  I am so glad I found this thing as easily as I did.

How is everything going, krissyy?  Is your baby being good to you today?
All the other prego ladies:  I hope today is a great day for you all!  I know that I am batteling the pms monster...I got my annual year end review at work and it was actually pretty good, but I seem to be sweating the small stuff, the "areas of opportunity," as they call them...I've cried 2x's already today about it.  My hubby is going nuts lately b/c of my tenency to cry easily...do you cry this easily in pregnancy? :P  
If so, dh will have to grow a thicker skin... :D

I hope that baby dust lands on me soon and sticks. :)  *******and some to all*********
baby is being great!  haven't been sick since sunday!  horray!!!!  

your hubby is like mine!  pregnancy definitely has made me more weepy...not really grumpy or mean, just weepy...  hubby is having difficulty with it.  i tried to explain to him that it's the hormones, but i think he still struggles to understand that the silliest things make me cry...  so, that is definitely something that your dh will have to get used to!  my friends tell me it gets even worse right after you have the baby!

i am sure that you will gather some baby dust here...after all, that is the name of our new site! ;-)
Hi girls

This is great! thanks krissy for organising our own little comunity. i have been able to download my photo and update my profile and everything. katebud this new forum is luck for you and you will be joining us preggo ladies very soon i think. krissy so happy for you your sickness is subsiding! mine is worse than ever and i am finding everyday life very hard. especially with my 2 year old. i had my first scan on monday and my new official date is 14th sept. which outs me back a week but doc said baby was just too small to be a 12 weeker. i have to have another scan in 2 weeks to make sure it is growing properly with all the vomitting i am doing. good chance to get to see bub again anyway which is the only exciting thing for me so far. hope you continue to feel well and i will try to stay a little bit ore updated in our new community!!! baby dust to you katebud*******************************************
i am so sorry that you must go thru this sickness!  it was really hard for me and i can't imagine what you must be going thru!  and you say it lasts the whole 9 months for you???  is there anything that they can give you?  

that is exciting you get to see little jellybean again so soon.  are you going to find out the gender?  i get to see my jellybean next week when i get the nuchal scan.  i will also get my first pictures!
Had an ultrasound on tuesday and my official due date is sept 1st. Found out the placenta is going right across the front of my uterus..i wonder if i will feel any of the kicking????  The heartbeat is in the 170's. So, im thinking girl cause it is so high. my daughters was always high like that. and everyolne i know with boys was always in the 140's. I can ramble for days, but need to get taxes done.

On a better note..this new forum is so exciting...thank you for creating it!!!!
Hi Krissy,

Thank you for organizing this forum.Have a nice day.
WOW I loooovee this new forum! Its awesome! Thanks so much Krissy!!.....Im glad to hear your feeling better and your baby is being alot nicer to to you lol :)....Awwww im excited for you to see the baby again!! How are you doing as far as getting a tummy??.....I hope all is well hun!!!!!

Katebud , Yeah the crying gets worse , at least for me it did , im an emotional person as is but OMG  I cry ALL the time , in fact I cried for over 2 hours last nite , given I had a good reason in the beginning but by the end I didnt know why I was crying nor why I couldnt stop lol.....its Brutal.....so tell your man to get used too it lol.....the waterworks will happen over the smallest oddest things!!!

Ash94 , Your due the day after me :) How cool!!!! If we lived in the same town we might have been hospital buddies!! haha

Im gonna go look around the new forum and make a profile :)
Hi Everyone! Love the new forum! *does happy dance*

I saw the Dr again yesterday, got my second set of ultrasound photos- I'm supposed to be due Sept 10th according to my LMP, but the first ultrasound the Dr said Sept 17th. Yesterday he said the baby was a wee bit bigger than he first thought, almost by a whole week. But it pushed my due date to Sept 16th. So I don't know when. Lol.

The baby is doing great! So cute and wiggly in my belly. Looked like he was dancing. haha. My Dr is keeping close tabs on me, I've got another appt for the 28th and then the nuchal on the 3rd. Then another one on the 21st (I think) of March.

I'm still having naseua- no more vomiting though. Tired all the time, I feel like .. blah. I'm really testy, impatient with things that normally don't bother me. Going over speedbumps annoys the heck out of me, sometimes just hearing my boyfriend breathe makes me want to smother him with a pillow. Lol. But for the most part, I am trying to keep emotions under control.

I'm DYING for a RED BULL. I used to be seriously addicted. I used to drink 3 of the 17oz cans a DAY. My last red bull was the day I found out I was pregnant. That was like, almost 2 months ago. (I sound like I'm addicted, eh?) haha. I've been eating a lot of bagels and cream cheese, and cereal. Banannas too. I've been craving sweets like crazy. Brown sugar and cinamon, and chocolate.

Glad to hear that some of you are feeling better, and I hope you feel better soon the ones that don't. I think it's crazy how we were all ttc - then BAM- within weeks of each other...life does work in mysterious ways doesnt it?

I can't wait to get out of the first trimester so I can relax and feel better and enjoy the pregnancy a little more. Oh, and work is going much better. I had a sit down with my boss and cleared the air.
I love the new forum!  :-)

Ok girls, I have a quick question if anyone knows. Is it safe to drink Diet soda during pregnancy?? I did a bit of research and read the sweetner aspartame (sp?) is ok in moderation. But they used to say that about caffine too which now they are saying it ups your chances of having a miscarriage. I havent had any caffine since finding out I'm pregnant! No coffee, soda or chocolate!!  :-O
What do you girls think? I dont want to take ANY chances, maybe I just shouldn't drink it at all.

We haven't told anyone were expecting yet and yesterday my MIL tells us she had a dream the other night that she got a new grandbaby! She said it was a boy with blonde hair!    :-)
I can't wait to find out our babies gender, we already have a girls name picked out (we've had the name for years) but never came up with any boy names. Anyone else thinking about baby names yet?
Its hard to say about the diet pop.....I personally wouldnt just because they do say to avoid aspertame(sp)......I think if possible try to avoid it if you can in the first trimester and drink it in moderation after you begin your second trimester....I have taken a few sips of a regular pepsi since finding out I was pregnant....Its HARD to forget the taste of an ice cold pepsi lol.....But ive found switching to either Sprite or Gingerale if you crave a pop is better....no caffeine no aspertame.....Mmmm they make a Cranberry Gingerale which is great...AND it helped me with my morning sickness if I made it flat......The pop craving does get easier though.....Ive just started to always have bottles of Dasani water on hand and lots juice...but I crave Fruit so Fruit Juice is a must!!

We cant agree on names and the ones we do like our families HATE lol....so we've got to get a few more books and do some more narrowing down.....Boys names are HARD , I find the ones I like are WAY to common for my taste or names already in my family! lol......Good luck! with your search!! Books help! haha!
keeks/ash-i think you girls are the first and second due of the group--i think i am 3rd maybe?  they say between sept5-8.  maybe i will find out more on wed at the nuchal scan.

ask-i read that at 14-16 wks most start feeling their babies kick...however, some feel it earlier!  i keep hoping i will feel baby soon...i am just starting my 13th week.  so far all i feel is gas bubbles.

princess-never heard anything about diet coke, but definitely know to stay clear of the caffeine, or at least in moderation.  i would think that the diet coke would be the same way.  maybe just have some a time or two a week?  my hubby and i are opposites.  we agreed on a boys name, but are still dancing around girls names...
Are you not supposed to eat chocolate, really?

I've been eating it like crazy. Moreso than I used too anyhow. I've been craving Hot chocolate a lot- does that really cause miscarriage? When I asked my dr things I shouldnt eat, the only thing he mentioned was fish high in mercury (like tuna) he said to try to eat less than once a week. I asked about Deli meat and other things, he said no that I'm fine to eat what I can.

I keep having dreams about the baby too. I keep seeing it swimming around in my belly. Lol.

Also, is anyone else having a hard time sleeping? I CANNOT get comfortable enough to get any type of good rest. My Boyfriend bought me one of those Snugglie Maternity Body Pillows and it's not helping at this point. It's comfortable- but my lower back has so much pain in it- that no matter which way I lay Im in pain. I refuse to take even Tylenol as stubborn as that may sound, I just don't want to take a chance I guess. Is anyone else having this problem? Any remedies? I've tried baths, it doesnt really work seeing as how I am used to HOT baths and havent been able to since I got pregnant.