40 weeks, not yet "checked"

Hi all, 40 weeks tomorrow with no sign of anything happening. Have OB'S stopped checking for effacement and dilation? I have yet to be checked...
Your due date is just a guess. Only 5% of babies are born on their due date. But your Dr will not allow you to go past 42 weeks. You can also request to be induced.  Or if you want to go into labor naturally,  go for a long walk. Do some yoga.
Normally they should check you every week starting at week 36
No, doctors don't have to "check" you. It's not a requirement nor is it necessary. You'll be checked once you're in labour.
Breast(nipple) stimulation and sex, of course, helps too. Google it.
I have already scheduled to be induced on my due date as I do not want to run over, so that is def an option. Hope things start to move along for you!

Also I work out avidly so the walking trick def will not work for all lol However, sex always does!
Now I'm at 40 weeks +5 days. Fingertip dilated. Seems to be not a whole lot going on. OB scheduled an induction for tonight, but maternity ward is full!! Going crazy.
Jees. That is crazy.

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.