Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

43, 1st Baby Big Surprise @ 5 Weeks-Nervous

I am 43, father is 52, and niether of us have ever had our own kids....but we both have been exceptional step-parents. We have been together 5 years and were married Sept.20. We agreed that if we were to become pregnant, it would be a blessing, but we were not going to seek medical assistance

Yesterday I took home test and then confirmed pregnancy with physician.

Reading stuff on internet about pregnancy after 40 and potential higher risk of birth defects is frieghtenning!

I would love to read some positive stories from others who are on a similar journey.
I am much younger than you but i wish u much success and luck with it all....i do have a friend whom i think was around 39 or 40 when she got pregnant it was unexpected and she was freaking out even debating abortion anyways she went through and had the baby she was just fine and the little girl now is cute and smart no problems try to relax that is most important dont try to think your experience will be like the others every pregnancy is different and i even read a study where the results showed women who had a positive outlook had healthier babies than the women who had bad ones so anyways stay away from negativity be healthy andhappy enjoy the ride it will all be worth it
Congrats with your new pregnancy. Im also 43 and 25 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. I had my second child at 41 and my first born when i was 25 yrs old . It sure is a big difference  having a child at this age with all the high risks, however so far everything is going well. Though I kw its hard,  try not to worry too much those genetic Doctors can make thing scary with all the testing. I decided not to do any genetic test and leave everything in Gods hand.  My 2 yrs old is healthy and super smart.  She was born full term with no complications.  Aside for the cerclage due to my incompetent cervix,  this pregnancy is going fairly well. So relax and enjoy your pregnancy :)
Hi I'm nic I'm 35. I have a 19 and 9 year old (both boys) and I'm 22 weeks pregnant with a girl yay ☺ My sister in law had twins 2 year ago at 41 bother were happy n healthy ☺ Don't stress just enjoy. BTW I took the tests offered and all came back fine thankfully xxx
Congratulations!!! That is great news. Let me tell you about my aunt. She is 44 now. She was 42 when she got married. She got pregnant right away. This was her first pregnancy. By her 43 birthday, her baby boy was born. She had a great pregnancy and my little causin is a healthy baby. So don't worry. Everything will be ok. Rest a lot, eat healthy and exercise.  God will do the rest.
Thank You so very much everyone! I am rolling in positive right now....no morning sickness yet... trusting hod for sure that I need to let go and allow him to drive thus bus!
Hello...i had my 1st bb ay 39yoa...i had a specialist...you do need to seek medical health...
Im 43 & 11weeks..my doctor said to not be concerned with statistical info for over 40's & pregnancy ..she majes a good poiint that being if you live a healthy life style & look after yourself you really have no  control over the outcome so really whats the point in reading such statistics to stress yiurself out?..also its interesting that the mire women who have children over 40 those statistocs are dropping significantly
Thanks all! In week 7.
I don't mean to throw out anything negative, just relaying information that was told to me by a friend in the medical field.  She said that there's a lot more risks having your first baby after the age of 35 than woman who have a baby after that age who already had babies before.  I am sure your doctor will go over everything with you.  But Congratulations!  You got pregnant with no problem which is awesome!!!
Congrats! If the genetics concern you, I would recommend the cell-free fetal DNA screen. That would provide some piece of mind. Then have a fetal anatomy survey at 20 weeks. The anatomy survey is actually standard protocol regardless of age. The DNA screen is noninvasive to the baby and HIGHLY reliable.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.