Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy 35 and Older Community
13.9k Members
Avatar universal

Am ready to induce

Am 39 weeks and 4 days and I can't wait till 40 weeks to have this baby, I have an apt tomorrow and was hoping my doc will agree to induce me tomorrow since my patience has ran out, I don't have any complications and friends and family keep saying I should give it another week or two but I can't wait, I don't sleep and am always uncomfortable and call me selfish but I just want my body back and a regular bathroom schedule and am so over the soar pelvis, it's not bad that I feel this way right?
7 Responses
Avatar universal
Me toooooo, but only 29.5 weeks with #4. It's better to let it happen on its own.
Avatar universal
If you can wait 40 weeks, you can wait one more week to let it happen on its own.. just my opinion. I feel your pain tho, I'm so ready to be done. Unfortunately I have a history of over carrying (41 weeks with my first and 42 weeks with my second). It's rough but I'm so glad I waited and went into labor by myself both times.
Avatar universal
I felt that way with my first.. Had an appt at 39m 3d... And waited ... I delivered at 39&6... So I would just say walk, walk, and walk some more... I walked, and had lots of sex... So go for it baby will be here soon... Congrats I I'm on #2 and still have 13wks left... I pray you have a quick, safe, and healthy delivery...
Avatar universal
Well the hospital just discharge me cause am obviously not ready yet and my doc won't induce till after the due date, but am exhausted am gonna follow that walk walk walk advice now. But my baby is stubborn
Avatar universal
Inducing ***** lol it's way more painful. It's like all the pain hits you at once. Whereas a natural pregnancy the pain is more bare able. And I had back labor, it was the worst. This is my third pregnancy and I'm only 8 weeks. Good luck to you.
1701959 tn?1488551541
You can schedule an induction the day of your due date. Its called an elective induction. You don't want to go over 2 weeks past your due date as there are risks but if you can hang tight, do it :)
Avatar universal
I am 39 wks 6 days.. Baby was tranverse until 38 wks 2 days, now she stil not position in the birth canal. I do not wish to be induce as the contractions created by pitocin are strong and painfull so is the gel, this pain will incite you to get epidural and epidural will prolong labor for about and hour to two hours... Meanwhile the baby is feeling this strong contractions and starts to get distressed.. Etc. I would love to have baby naturally, less pain for baby. I am also aware of the risk of going over due date (42 weeks), my opinion is to give baby chance. If 42 weeks coming, then we will have to be induced.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.