Any FET Success stories??

Hi All,
My husband and I are planning on using FET.  I just started seriously searching this last week and it's pretty overwhelming.  I found out just how little I know about this whole process.  I've reviewed about 6 or 7 sites, 3 seem promising, but I just don't know what criteria makes a "quality" embryo, and what I should look for specifically at these different sites.  

I remember reading a few posts, one specifically that used CA conceptions and had embryos delivered to her, but I dont remember the poster or how things went.  I would really like to hear from anyone who has used FET and any success they've had with it, as well as who they went through, if you don't mind sharing this information.  It would be a HUGE help.

Thanks!

babywish_
I should ask where you are located.  Our RE is one of the top in the nation and has a clinic in three separate states.  Our fertility clinic actually had a 100% success rate last month with IVF!!!  That is AMAZING!!  So if you're wanting a top notch RE and are willing to travel for it, let me know and I can get you his info.

Also - I saw on the other post that you asked how old I am.  I am 33 and we used my own eggs.  I think I read that you're 43 and that you're going to use donor eggs.  You should be GREAT to carry and I am here as a testament that it only takes one little frozen emby to successfully get preggo!!

Good luck!
We did IVF.  Our first cycle was a fresh cycle and didn't work.  We had two little embryos that made it to the freeze stage and so we decided to try a FET.  Only one little embryo survived the thaw and we had him implanted and now I am 36 weeks pregnant!  There are MANY success stories with FET!!  I wish you nothing but the best of luck!  I know what an emotional time this is!!
ALSO (sorry - I'll stop posting after this - ha!), there is an EXCELLENT fertility/IVF forum here on medhelp.  I was there ALL the time when we were going through the process.

Here's the link:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Fertility---Infertility---IVF/show/96
Hi, and you can post as many time as you want!  FET is our first choice, I'm only considering the donor eggs if we're not successful finding an embryo.  We made the choice to use a surro after seeing an RE who thought IUI should work fine since he didn't really find anything wrong with either of us, but all 4 failed.  In hindsight, we should have just done IVF from the getgo with donor eggs - (this particular clinic had no info regarding FET) my eggs are out of the question, since I'm lucky to produce even one.  But the RE I used was recommended to me by my GP, and looking back, I think he was  bad choice for a # of reasons.  

Anyway, In the coming weeks, I'm going to get a 2nd opinion as to whether I can carry a child to term  - I dont know if I need to find another RE or if an OBGyn could tell me that.  If I'm ruled out, then we will use a surro - Ive found one or two that sound promising.  

But if you could share your FET story with me I would be so grateful - I don't mind traveling, and I think the surro I choose could.  IF you could PM me or if you prefer posting the info, it would help out alot.  I'm still trying to figure out the basics.  

Thank you so much!

babywish_
Oh, and I live in San Antonio TX.
I'm 36 and 19 weeks pregnant with FET on the first attempt. I am from Houston and my clinic is excellent. I used my own eggs and my husbands sperm. I think the embryologists make a huge difference too. We decided to implant 2 and both thawed perfectly but I'm only pregnant with one, which is fine.
Congrats to you and thanks for posting!  I wish we could use my eggs, but iI just dont think its possible.  Best of luck to you!  
babywish..

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.