Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

Birth Control

Have you ladies thought about what bc method you will use after delivery. I have always used birth control pills but I was thinking about trying an implant. Has any used Mirena or Paragard? If so how did you like it and what kind of side effects did you experience?
I'm going to use the patch after I deliver I was on depo but my Dr told me my 5 years of depo is up....I scared of the implant thinking it might move
I had a paragaurd for seven years.  No issues at all.  
I had a Mirena for over two years and didn't really have any issues with it except for weight gain (though I haven't been able to lose that weight since getting it removed a year ago so it may not have been related). After baby #2 is born and we need contraception again, my husband is getting a vasectomy.
I used the 10 year iud ( can't remember the name of it) in the past. I spotted the entire 10 months I had it in. My husband had a vasectomy last winter but yet now we are expecting again. Either we have the worst luck with contraceptives or were just destined to have a 1/2 dozen children.
I had Mirena.  I became a moody monster, my hair started thinning and falling out and I had very little desire for sex.  I went to have it removed and it was snagged in my uterus. After removal, I had two miscarriages before this pregnancy.
I will not be using BC  again. When we decided to have another baby, we started trying natural family planning. I chart my cycle and know exactly when I'm fertile. When I am, we either don't have sex or we use condoms.
I also cant decide on bc and we only want one child however I feel bad about asking him to get a vesectomy because theres always that what if. I dont want to take anything with hormones in it and I was never regualar anyways. I have heard from some women the vaginal implant controlls hurt them and their partner durring intercourse..
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.