Breastfeeding

I just had my twins November 30th....has anyone who has had twins have a doctor telling you they want you to wean your twins off breastfeeding and go to straight formula cuz they need the proteins and fat?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I don't have twins but from what I've learned in breastfeeding classes and from doctors and nurses is that a mother's milk is the best milk for any type of baby or babies. Our bodies were made to give proper nutrition to our babies, so my advice is, if you feel like breastfeeding is the best thing to do for your twins, then do it and don't let anyone tell you not to.
Helpful - 0
KDQ
Try checking out the breastfeeding forum :-) You might get a few more responses on there. Congrats on your two new ones! I'm a ftm so don't have much advice other than to trust your mommy instincts! If you want to breastfeed don't let anyone tell you that you can't because the body was made to nourish babies that way.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.