Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

Can implantation bleeding be heavy?

I'm 43 and TTC (first baby) - this morning i had what i thought might be implantation bleeding (pinkish or brown as it's always described, but then red appeared, more like a regular period, but still lighter than than regular flow. Still able to get by on just panty liners at the moment.  All other signs (ovulation timing, tiredness,etc.) seem to point to pregnancy.  Was wondering if heavier implantation bleeding could be common when you're over 40?  Thanks for any input.
Hi, Last wednesday I also had a light bleeding. It was just one drop and that was it! According to my scedule it's very likely it was an implantation bleeding (9th dpo) and it wasn't pinkish or brown as they describe, but red.
Implantation bleedings are rare, not every woman experience this. With my last pregnancy I didn't either so I have nothing to compare and I cannot tell you if implantations get heavier over 40. I hope for us we are pregnant indeed! Take care!
I only have had implantation bleed with my first daughter.. I have had 4 pg..  it was a big gush of red blood.  I could feel it as a was walking and thought oh oh...  after that day there was nothing I thought it was af and then didn´t even know I was pguntil 4 months when I went in... I had gotten off the pill and just thought it messed up my cycle.  when I described the gush they had me go in for an ultrasound to see if I had passed part of the baby but everything was great she is now 11
I'm 43 ,when with my last pregnancy I had implantation bleeding for 4 days when I thought it was light period but. I never had implanting bleeding before only this last one but sadly I loss it at 8 wks. Not sure if the age is factor. Best wishes to you.
I'm 38.  My implantation bleeding was medium flow with this pregnancy, especiallly the first and 3rd day.  I spotted lightly for 10 days total in a 2 week period, approximately 7-9 days after ovulation (couldn't pinpoint the exact day of ovulation).  RE mentioned possibility of early chemical pregnancy.  I am now starting 2nd trimester.  I think implantation bleeding presents differently in everyone and can vary between pregnancies (I had no bleeding in first pregnancy, just last year).  I don't know if bleeding gets heavier over 40.
I've had implantation bleeding with four pregnancies.  With one, it seemed like my period was about to start with trace amounts of brownish blood - actually, it was kind of like sludge (sorry TMI) - for a few days.  The next two, there was just a TINY bit of the sludge for just one day, one incident.  I don't think I would have noticed it had I not been wearing a panty liner.  With this preg, I got a good wipe of red blood on the toilet paper at around 12dpo, after I had a BFP.  I'm not sure that one was implatation bleeding.

When will you test?  Good luck.
Thanks for your comments...I took the hpt this morning - negative - but I think it's too early  to pick up. Still, it was a lighter period than usual.  I've read on other boards that the implantation bleeding can vary from one spot, to being similar to a regular period, which is encouraging...  Hm...
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.