Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

Epidural??

How much of the pain does the epidural take away? I hear you can still feel a lot of pressure, but does that hurt?
I had a love hate relationship with my epidural. My whole pregnancy I wanted to go as naturally as possible, no iv, monitors only every half hour, no meds. I can't believe how wrong I was about it all lol. First I tested gbs positive, so I had to have an iv, then they couldn't get a continuous monitor on the baby so they had to break my water and attach one to his head, and then after being in labor for 30 hours I broke down and got the epidural. I really wish I would have done it sooner, it was a miracle. I went from being grouchy with pain to being able to smile and laugh and joke. I will tell you not to move the bed around though, I moved it a couple times to sleep and then chat with my family, and it ended up coming out, and the anesthesiologist was in surgery so he couldn't get back to fix it for three hours. Those were a brutal three hours. But once it was back in it was heaven again.
You feel nothing. Absolutly nothing lol. I got it with my son and I'm going to get it again with my daughter due in nov. :)
I have it both my children. Only problem is that they ended up pushing Pitocin shortly after because I was dialating. I plan on not getting it this time because of the possible risk associated.
I had it with my last two I'm getting it again with this one and you really don't feel anything I felt some pressure I guess but its not painful
Ok good. I'm going to try and go as long as I can, but I'm leaning towards an epidural. Thanks for the advice.
I am petrified of the epidural too! Thought it was just me x
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.