Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

Feeling happy and confused.

I recived a call from the doctors today. I was told i was having a boy. My husband really wanted a girl. But is still happy its a boy. I know deep down he really wanted his girl. I wanna be happy ... Really happy. But i know what he is feeling. We lost our baby last april she was a girl... Why do i feel this way.excited but not.
I think pregnancy following loss is really hard. We lost a little girl, too, and the pregnancy after that was so, so emotionally difficult. Perhaps some of the gender disappointment he's having is really grief carrying over from the loss? I think what you're both feeling is really normal. I didn't feel great until she was actually born and in my arms. When I was in labor, they finally told me to start pushing and I literally started crying because I was so nervous something terrible would happen. However, her birth was one of the best experiences of my life, a true treasure. Hang in there! I hope your little guy's birth is equally special and healing for you both!
Thank you...i know he feels that way because of our little girl we lossed. I cant imagine what hes feeling but i can see it. It makes me sad when im really trying to be happy.i to wanted a girl just as much as a boy as long as it healthy. Now i feel this space like ive disappointed again. I'm just going thru it.
I am so sorry you lost your little girl. I can't imagine :( But I am sure your new little miracle will help to heal. Remember he determines the sex of the baby, not you so please don't be so hard on yourself. Be happy and blessed in that you have a beautiful baby boy growing inside of you xoxo
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.