Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

High Blood pressure

anyone just had baby that suffered from high blood pressure and had a vaginal delivery, no Epideral? how did it go?

just curious..
i dont have preclempsia nor gestational diabetes.  but am high risk at 35 and suffer from high blood pressure which for sure will make my baby come earlier.. i just know it
With my first it started off as hypertension and dr was managing it with meds but then it went to preeclamplsia and I had a csection at 35wks. This time I've been on meds since 6wks but the hypertension started anyway at 15wks. Dr said not to panic because it could just stay at hypertension but we're looking at delivering at 36wks. Itsa just too dangerous to go past 38wks because your bp goes up towards the end anyway. The epidural does lower your bp but even with a csection last time we all had to stand around and wait for it to drop before it was safe to start. I hope everything goes well for you. Good luck!
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.