Hives during pregnancy?

Has anyone had anything like hives during pregnancy?  A few weeks ago (maybe even months at this point), I had one rash thing on my abdomen, but not near any stretch marks or my bra line. I told DH, at the time, that it almost reminded me of hives, when I'd gotten them before. But it was only one.  Since then, however, I've gotten more.  I bet I have close to 10 of them now and they are all on my torso (almost in the same area around my body, but on both sides of it)

Anyone?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i broke out in itchy hives a few times around the 20 week mark or so .. it was hot outside and it was also on my belly that it happened.. i felt the burning and the itching and looked down and was in shock. . the biggest thing for me was just not to overheat.. which is what seemed to cause it i think! :)    
Helpful - 0
I have a rash  right now as well, but only on my chest...weird.  They are awful looking though and driving me crazy.  I have been taking warm baths in epsom salts and that seems to help a bit....also, calamine lotion seems to help.  Chalk it up to those hormones I guess...
Helpful - 0
I have small rashes on my stomach as well.  I just received a new one since wearing a band-aid over my navel.  The dr. told me to try cortisone, a low dosage.  The itching is driving me bananas.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.