Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

Hungry all the time

I'm 5 weeks, 3 days pregnant and I'm hungry all the time. My stomach is always growling. I've read you should only put on 1-2 pounds in the first trimester. Why am I so hungry this early in the pregnancy?
I was the same as well.  Always hungry and put on a good 18 lbs from 4wks thru 15wks.  Thankfully I was already of a normal weight, but still I've gained more than half of the recommended weight gainand I'm just 17wks.  I attribute the weight gain to a really bad cycle of nausea and hunger that never went away.  If I didn't eat, I felt like I needed to throw up, never did tho, so I ate, then 5 mins later I'm hungry again, same thing.  I was surprised when I would get weighed and my weight just kept going up and up.  I couldn't believe it cuz I was always hungry and felt like I wasn't eating enough.  That was my case, now my nausea has pretty much went away and I can eat normally again instead of overeating without knowing it.  Be careful cuz it might happen to u too!
Thank you. That's how I feel. I just ate a yogurt for breakfast and 2 minutes later my stomach is growling like crazy.  Not nauseous at all. Just constantly hungry.
Start with eating your protein first. That will help to fill you up faster & will help maintain healthy weight gain during pregnancy. Don't forget to drink lots & lots of water.
Same here im at 8 weeks now an it has tapered off some but the dizzy an nausea has set in.. all should pass by the second trimester
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.