Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

No ultrasound after 20th week?

I'm 25 wks pregnant and I asked my ob about my next ultrasound. I obviously had one at 20 weeks and I was expecting to have another one around or after week 30 to estimate the baby's position, weight, etc. My ob said that they don't usually do it until there is a medical reason for it.
Is that a normal practice? Maybe I'm spoiled by medical care as I come from Europe. Back home I'm sure my ob would want to do another sonogram towards the end of pregnancy.
Any comments?
It is pretty standard to not have any other ultrasounds after the 20 week anatomy scan unless there are concerns.  I did not have any after 20 weeks with my son and everything went well.  They can check the baby's position without an ultrasound, and weight estimates via ultrasound are notoriously inaccurate.  
I did have one more after 20 weeks with all four of my kids to compare measurements from week 20 and see if baby is developing right
I meant to add I had total of four us with all my kids if things are progressing good....I would have had more if something was wrong
I've had normal healthy pregnancies with my first four, now 20 wks with #5, and for the first time I had two ultrasounds. With the previous I only had the anatomy scan.  Baby #4 was in 08 and they weren't concerned about the accuracy of the gestation because I was super regular and new my LMP dates. So two ultrasounds this time around was a real treat for me! Lol
Thanks for your comments, ladies!
I have a healthy pregnancy but I just wanted to see this cute, little face again :)
I'm having a boy.
Check out the community or technical colleges in your area that train ultrasound technicians. Lots of times they do free ultrasounds so the students can learn. I had one done at 26 weeks at a school near me.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.