Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

Positive Pregancy Test After Taking Provera

Prior to taking Provera I did a pregnacy exam and it was negative I started taking Provera also known as Medroxyprogesterone for ten days I waited a few days to see if my period would start and nothing.  This morning I took a pregancy test and it was positive and I am so worriedI Have tried to convience for so long and now I don't know what to do! Any gone thru something similar?
I don't know alot about Provera, so can't give you much advice.  However, typically in very early pregnancy not much can harm a baby.  I urge you to talk to your Dr. as soon as possible..peace of mind is worth everything.  They are the best person to advise you.  Good luck, and I am sure all will be fine.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.