Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

Possible early pregnancy signs?!?

Hi, can you help, we have been trying for a baby for a couple of months now,I am very confused, i have been doing the ovulation tests for the last two months and each test was a negative ovulation does this mean i didnt ovulate???  i also had my monthly menstrul cycle starting the 27th Dec last month, i think that was the date! and my next one is due the 24th Jan however so far there is no signs not even a dull ache which is what i normally get the day before. I had what felt like trapped wind last week and also i have had twinges for the last four days to the bottom left hand side of my stomach, i have done two pregnancy tests one on the 17th Jan and one on the 23rd but they both stated negative results. Does this mean i am not pregnant????
Hi Sandy,

I also used an ovulation test kit and kept getting negative results.  Sorry to give all the specifics, but I was peeing on it and thats when I would get the negatives.  I called the manufacturer, and they said to try peeing in a clean dry cup and inserting the stick.  I tried it that way, and got my positive at the right time. Also, I had to do the ovulation test 4 days in a row before I got my positive and found out I am more irregular than I thought.  Apparantly they are very finicky.  I got pregnant that time around.  As for the the home pregnancy test, maybe the same thing?  I used it with the "pee in a cup" method as well.

I hope this information helps you, and good luck to you.

Amanda
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.