Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

Post D&C Period

For those of you that have had a D&C...was your first period post procedure normal?  Mine is very sparse -- bleeding one day then nothing for 2 days then bleeding again for 1 day.
Thanks.  
Mine wasn't sparse, but it was very early.  I was told that anything can happen with that first period--it can be early, late, heavy, light, etc.  Things should get back to normal by your next period or the one after that.  So sorry for your loss!
I had  my D & C on 11/14 and had my first period start on Christmas-Merry Christmas!  It was not as bad as I had expected-3 days then tapered off..which was usually how my periods were before.  Now going to start trying again....
With both my D&C's, first period came about 5 weeks after and was weird.  A few days then stop, then start again.  Its normal to be a bit irregular after a procedure like that.  Chances are the next one will be more normal...at least that was the case with me.  Best of luck to you, and I am so sorry for your loss.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.